Dumaguete May 8-14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marpacifica

Contributor
Reaction score
Once upon a time in Micronesia, but now bubbling i
# of dives
500 - 999
Will be heading back to Dumaguete and Atlantis Dive Resort in a few weeks. Can anyone tell me anything about:

1) Expected air and water temperatures this time of year? Rain or sun more likely?

2) Fruits that will be in season. Strange request, I know, but I love tropical fruits and am interested in what I will be gorging on....

3) Whether the pier is still open for diving. I heard reports on another thread that it was, but that was a few months ago and we know how things change without notice.

4) Any festivals or events worth seeing during land time.

Thanks so much/Salamat Po for your help.

Hi marpacifica and welcome back to the Philippines!

I haven't been to Dumaguete but the weather at the time of your visit will be generally warm to hot. Its summer here. Fruits in season will be bananas and mangoes.

This site may be helpful www.dumaguete.gov.ph and you can also enter a search for NEGROS ORIENTAL which is the general province where Dumaguete City is.

I hope you have a GRAND time here in our islands.

Thanks for the info. Mangoes are one of my favorite fruits. I can get them here on Saipan, but the ones in the Philippines are the best I've had. Also enjoyed the lanzones last October when I was there, loved them even more than mangoes.

I was there a couple of weeks ago. Stayed at the El Dorado and dived with Sea Explorers. Water temperature was 79F. Pier can be dived if ships are not there and they can get permission. While I was there the pier was in use. I was also in Puerto Galera, Anilao, Moalboal, Siquijor, and am now at Alona Beach. In other words - spending quite a bit of time diving Philippines.

DL,

Thanks for the update. The trip is only 2 1/2 weeks away so I'm getting really excited.

Would love to dive the pier as all the photos I've seen of the critters there are fabulous.

If you have a chance to post a report of your best diving in the Philippines, please do so. I'm eager to try new places there.

marpacifica:

4) Any festivals or events worth seeing during land time.

Am a frequent visitor to El Dorado (service more personal than Atlantis). Can only recommend the Friday-night dance at the "Why Not" disco as a truly cultural event :dazzler1:

"Why Not" disco -- just the name is intriguing. Is that in the town of Dumaguete? I'm curious about your experience there, if you don't mind sharing.

We decided to stay with Atlantis again, even though it's really pricey, because we made friends with Jasmijn the instructor during our last visit and want to see her before she returns to Euroland.

Looking forward to taking lots of macro shots of critters in their hiding places.

Anyone ever heard of Rose Garden in Dumaguete? Not as luxureous as Atlantis or El Dorado, but still nice. Just wondering...

Back
Top Bottom