Raja Ampat / Raja Empat / Irian Jaya / West Papua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peterjmaerz

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Wet Ones,

It's been asked before, with no replies, but not for some time: what's the buzz on the above? I've scoured the web for info on this latest hot spot but have only found the websites for the liveaboards and resort there, not personal testimonials or trip reports.

Has any one of you been on board the Kararu, the Queen of the Sea, The TemuKira or Pelagian liveaboards in that area or stayed at the Kri Island Resort?

Would love to have some first-hand info.

Thanks as always,

I can't help you but if you go, you absolutely HAVE to write us a trip report. I'm drooling at the thought of diving PNG.

I was on the Temu Kira last year for Komodo trip. I have never been to Irian Jaya so I can only comment about the boat. The boat is very basic but comfortable enough at half capacity but might get a little crowded at full capacity. The dive guides were execellent and know the area very well (at least at Komodo). The cook on the boat was very good and can cook pretty good Indonesian fare as well as western food.
I saw the Pelagians at Komodo also and it looks like a very nice boat but have no idea how their staffs are like.

I will be aboard the Pelagian out of Sorong this month and give you a first hand report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom