Diving in India?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adamjamil

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey has anyone any ideas of diving in India specifically round Mumbai area?
Tried searches on internet and had no joy so wondered if anyone new anything?

I dont know if there are any dive centres which operate out of Mumbai but I doubt it. The waters are very murky and probably very polluted. Goa is the nearest place to dive that I know of and even here the viz can be poor. Look at Barracuda Diving website - the info given there is accurate. Further down the coast at Netrani (next state south) you can get very clear water and loads of fish life - details of trips there can be found on the Barracuda site. If you want to travel a little further still then you could look at going to Lakshadweep (Bangaram Dive Resort) - north part of the Maldives chain. Here the water is crystal clear but it does take a lot of travelling to get there. Hope this is of some help.
www.barracudadiving.com

Going to Goa tomorrow night! Anyone have any news of visability since the storms?

I also hear that they suffered from oil pollution in March of this year. Not a good picture.

Well, your response time are a little slow fellow divers! So I have found out myself!

Vis is down to 10 metres but with close buddy guide still excellent to wrecks.

Happy diving

Mumbai = Nothing at all! Super murky water!
Goa = surprising they have diving there..Quite murky as well
Lakshadweep = supposed to be good www.lacadives.com for 2 resorts there(slightly expensive for Indians)
Andamans = also good.. no idea about scuba shops

Back
Top Bottom