HELP! Perhentian vs Redang vs Lang Tengah?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wzwjon

New
Reaction score
I'm having some trouble trying to decide which island (and resort) to visit. I'm not a diver and will probably do quite a bit of snorkelling. Would appreciate advice on which island/resort has the best beaches/snorkelling sites.

Thanks!!

wzwjon:
I'm having some trouble trying to decide which island (and resort) to visit. I'm not a diver and will probably do quite a bit of snorkelling. Would appreciate advice on which island/resort has the best beaches/snorkelling sites.

Thanks!!
Visited the big island at Prehentian a couple of weeks ago. Spent three days there and dive twice. Diving was pretty good. Stayed at Tuna bay resort. Nice place and you can snorkel right out in front of the resort. Water taxis are avaiable to take you to other snorkeling spots as well. Have fun.

It is now monsoon season. Resorts are closed and no boat will take you there. You can try late next Feb. I like Perhentian Kecil(small island). Good snorkeling sites. It is a backpackers heaven. Good selection of restaurants, and hut chelet......

When I was diving off Lang tengah, it only has 2 resorts. The food is included with your stay at the resort. They cook the same food all the time and there is no restaurant where you can sit down and order your food. If you miss the dinner or lunch time, you have no food to eat! Snorkeling is OK off the island.

Redang..... I think Redang is destroyed by all the ugly development/buildings. It really lost its charm, in my opinion. Snorkeling off the shore can see groups of reef sharks.....

I'll pick Perhentian Kecil.

wzwjon:

Thanks!!

Very much depend on when. If you are doing snorkelling only and is departing from Sinagpore, there's a nice resort around perhentian which provide full package at a mere < S$350. It includes land and sea transport, all meals, accomodation and 5 snorkelling trip (i cant recall, i think it was 5).

If you are keen, PM me and i try to find the brochure i have collected from them

For snorkelling, you should go with the perhentians. From what I've seen of Redang, it doesn't offer much for snorkelling. It's "OK" but I certainly wouldn't choose it because of the snorkelling. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the place I stayed on the Perhentians but I do remember it was on the larger island. There was incredible snorkelling. I went there as a diver but spent a lot of time with my fins just swimming amongst the turtles and fish in front of my bungalow. It's cheaper there too which is always a bonus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom