Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: HELP! Perhentian vs Redang vs Lang Tengah?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

HELP! Perhentian vs Redang vs Lang Tengah?

I'm having some trouble trying to decide which island (and resort) to visit. I'm not a diver and will probably do quite a bit of snorkelling. Would appreciate advice on which island/resort has the best beaches/snorkelling sites.

Thanks!!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by wzwjon
    I'm having some trouble trying to decide which island (and resort) to visit. I'm not a diver and will probably do quite a bit of snorkelling. Would appreciate advice on which island/resort has the best beaches/snorkelling sites.

Thanks!!
    Visited the big island at Prehentian a couple of weeks ago. Spent three days there and dive twice. Diving was pretty good. Stayed at Tuna bay resort. Nice place and you can snorkel right out in front of the resort. Water taxis are avaiable to take you to other snorkeling spots as well. Have fun.

Solo Diver

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    It is now monsoon season. Resorts are closed and no boat will take you there. You can try late next Feb. I like Perhentian Kecil(small island). Good snorkeling sites. It is a backpackers heaven. Good selection of restaurants, and hut chelet......

When I was diving off Lang tengah, it only has 2 resorts. The food is included with your stay at the resort. They cook the same food all the time and there is no restaurant where you can sit down and order your food. If you miss the dinner or lunch time, you have no food to eat! Snorkeling is OK off the island.

Redang..... I think Redang is destroyed by all the ugly development/buildings. It really lost its charm, in my opinion. Snorkeling off the shore can see groups of reef sharks.....

I'll pick Perhentian Kecil.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by wzwjon

Thanks!!

Very much depend on when. If you are doing snorkelling only and is departing from Sinagpore, there's a nice resort around perhentian which provide full package at a mere < S$350. It includes land and sea transport, all meals, accomodation and 5 snorkelling trip (i cant recall, i think it was 5).

If you are keen, PM me and i try to find the brochure i have collected from them

Registered

still hasn't set a status.

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    For snorkelling, you should go with the perhentians. From what I've seen of Redang, it doesn't offer much for snorkelling. It's "OK" but I certainly wouldn't choose it because of the snorkelling. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the place I stayed on the Perhentians but I do remember it was on the larger island. There was incredible snorkelling. I went there as a diver but spent a lot of time with my fins just swimming amongst the turtles and fish in front of my bungalow. It's cheaper there too which is always a bonus.
    Greg

아이 노, 마이 한글 석스, 벗 아이 켄 다이브
    http://jiveturkeydiver.blogspot.com/