Diving Indonesia & Phillipines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 2

New
Reaction score
Hi, Im diver 2, Ive just discovered this great site. I am basically gathering some first hand information on the dive opportunities available in Indonesia and the Phillipines along with any trvel advice I am all ears

I think you need to give us more detail of what you are looking for exactly. Both countries have many places that offer excellent divings, some easier to get to than other. Are you looking for liveaboard, any travel restriction, timeframe, budget etc?

Just Indonesia alone can occupy you for several lifetimes!

diver 2:
Hi, Im diver 2, Ive just discovered this great site. I am basically gathering some first hand information on the dive opportunities available in Indonesia and the Phillipines along with any trvel advice I am all ears

HI diver 2,
welcome to the board,
check out my treat : http://www.scubaboard.com/t85095-.html,
if you're traveling same time as i'm, more than welcome to joint me..btw where is your location ???

Bon

ssra30:
I think you need to give us more detail of what you are looking for exactly. Both countries have many places that offer excellent divings, some easier to get to than other. Are you looking for liveaboard, any travel restriction, timeframe, budget etc?

Hi, yes my few words were a request by web site to post a introduction to gain access to a travel report. It was then transfered courtesy of scubaboard to this forum I was looking for a value dive holiday, not liveaboard or muck diving, started to read good reports about manado in Indonesia and the Visayas in the phillipines Although I am a experienced diver of twenty years, a lot done solo from my boat as I am a shiftworker I have only been on a couple of liveaboards here in West Australia. I havent hatched out a plan as yet. Naturally dive operators suggest all is rosy with a long dive season but I think I should be able to gather some real life experiences from this site.I can do without nightlife and would prefer to avoid crowds as I would prefer a flexible rather than a planned itineary. So specifically I was interested in any information as to conditions or just how doable is diving outside the peak seasons. If you are travelling from resort to resort staying in budget accomadation what is the best way to carry dive and personal gear, ie one big bag, two small bags or backpak and small bag. If you had a great dive experience mention a location and I will do some research. Yes there must be a lot of great places but where to start ? Great vis, coral & fish life would make a good dive. Irian Jaya looked good until I saw the cost. Thanks for taking the trouble to reply

Hi Diver2, I'm a localboy from the Visayas and the diving here is really quite good. Not much crowds here now, busy season is Dec-Jan. If you do decide to come here you should try diving ApoIsland. Bestest diving in the region. Lots of corals and reef fish, some pelagics, turtles and seasnakes all around. Bohol and Cebu are nice but they can be a bit crowded quite often. Dumaguete is more laid back. Feel free to drop me a private message if you need to know anything in particular, I'd be more than glad to help.

Hi Diver 2
As starting point, the easiest place to reach from Australia is Bali, do not choose the crowded South Bali. Stay at the North Bali (Pemuteran, Menjangan, Tulamben, Amed as base)- there are many choice from budget $ 8 to hundreds. Except July, August and December not very crowd. Do a light travel, but you can save lot of many if you carry your gear. Then you can jump to Manado and other places. Irian Jaya is nice but not cheap, mostly LOB.
see other treats relating those location - the SB search engine is very usefull.
Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom