Diving in Timor Leste (East Timor)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi

I've heard there a couple of dive shops ruled by Australians there. Otherwise you can dive there with indonesian operatores.
In what concerns immigration, Timor Lorosae is an independent country now so they have their own immigration policies. Take a look at
http://www.timoraid.org/timortoday/
Cheers

Sue

Thanks, I will look forward any more info about immigration. I found that May 20, 2002 will be their independence day. So the new government will run that country since then.
Anyway, do you have any experience diving there? Can you compare it to Komodo, Alor & Flores?
Thanks

If you are still interested in diving in East Timor, let me know. I work and live in Dili, East Timor. Diving is great here - lots of things you won't see elsewhere. Whale Shark season is just starting. Will send you a link to one of the local dive shops if you are interested in what's happening here. :D

Thanks fireguy, I'm still interested to know about diving in East Timor. Can you provide me info about it? Wow, it's very tempting to hear the whale shark season.
Besides the dive sites, Iwant to know about the immigration policy for Indonesian passport holder like me and also is it secure for me? Thanks

fireguy once bubbled...
If you are still interested in diving in East Timor, let me know. I work and live in Dili, East Timor. Diving is great here - lots of things you won't see elsewhere. Whale Shark season is just starting. Will send you a link to one of the local dive shops if you are interested in what's happening here. :D

Hi Scott,
Thanks a lot for your info, I will contact the dive center soon.
I really have to decide which to go sooner, Timor or Irian Jaya. Since my company also will send me to Irian Jaya next 2-3 months

fireguy once bubbled...
If you are looking for a contact for diving in East Timor, try

www.geocities.com/thefreeflow

There are a couple other shops - but this group is less commercial than the others.

Going Down In Dili,
Fire Guy :winkbl:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom