Aqualung SOS Device

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tjsmith1979

Registered
Reaction score
I have just brought a Aqualung SOS (Surface Observation Signal) Device for my Black Diamond Recreational BCD for when I do drift dives. However I was wondering if someone has one of these that they could explain exactly how it would attach to the Seaquest BCD please ? Or does anyone have the manual that they could send me across the link on where to download it from the web ??

Lead_carrier:
It should replace the lower, right dump valve.

I kinda guessed that bit.. sorry forgot to mention, however there are some straps at the back at attach it securely to the BCD and I dont know how it would all attach properly ?

Really ideally looking for the manual also...

Considering you "just" bought it - any chance you could take it back?

I hate to be the "you just bought a crappy piece of gear" guy, but - what possible advantage does that thing have over a standard safety sausage? You don't have to hang unto it - that's it.

On the other hand, if you surface without any air in your tank, you're SOL since there's no way to manually inflate it. You can't deploy it from depth, unlike a standard sausage, either.

And it's not as bad as you think, boogie. True, you can't inflate it until you get to the surface, but it's always there and ready to deploy at the surface. My most likely scenario is drift diving and separation from the boat, not a doing an extended deco hang.

I'll have to see if I can inflate it orally, though. It fills off the bc itself, so if I should arrive at the surface with no air, I assume I'm going to have to inflate that orally, and I don't see why that wouldn't work.

The straps go around the wing to hold it in place. There is one strap at the bottom that is the tab you pull to release it.

kelpmermaid:
And it's not as bad as you think, boogie. True, you can't inflate it until you get to the surface, but it's always there and ready to deploy at the surface. My most likely scenario is drift diving and separation from the boat, not a doing an extended deco hang.

I'll have to see if I can inflate it orally, though. It fills off the bc itself, so if I should arrive at the surface with no air, I assume I'm going to have to inflate that orally, and I don't see why that wouldn't work.

The straps go around the wing to hold it in place. There is one strap at the bottom that is the tab you pull to release it.

Do you a copy of the manual that I can have a look at ? Is there anywhere on the web to download this as I have tried the Seaquest Technical Gallery where are the manuals are and couldnt find it listed !!

and let you know if it turns up.

tjsmith1979:
Do you a copy of the manual that I can have a look at ? Is there anywhere on the web to download this as I have tried the Seaquest Technical Gallery where are the manuals are and couldnt find it listed !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom