first scuba gear purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

puenktchen

Registered
Reaction score
hi there.

i am about to buy my very first scuba equipment. :babycrawl
and i would like to get some opinions from you guys, whether or not i am on the right track with the stuff.

aqualung diva lx bcd
suunto mosquito (wrist) computer
apeks atx100 + atx40
aqualung bali wetsuit

as for the apeks i am not sure because someone told me that because i live in australia i would have to send them back to the dealer (overseas) to get them serviced...that obviously could be quite expensive in the long run.
someone told me as well, that for aqualung regs there are the free parts for the annual service included (in australia). does anyone know about that?

The diva seems to be very popular so if it fits you, sounds good.

One comment about the mosquito, is that the face is smaller than your typical dive computer so it will harder to read - this matters to some people.

I would definitely go for a reg you can get serviced locallly, or in places you typically travel.

puenktchen:
as for the apeks i am not sure because someone told me that because i live in australia i would have to send them back to the dealer (overseas) to get them serviced...that obviously could be quite expensive in the long run.
someone told me as well, that for aqualung regs there are the free parts for the annual service included (in australia). does anyone know about that?

You can contact Aquanaut. They are the Aqualung/Apeks distributor in Australia and should be able to tell you where you can get your reg serviced.

Aquanaut Pty Ltd

PO Box 100, East Maitland, Australia, NSW 2323

Tel: 61 (02) 4966 4800
Fax: 61 (02) 4966 4844
Email: info@aquanaut.co.au

www.aquanaut.com.au

You could also PM Scubaroo on this board.

hey.

thanx for those quick replies.

i just checked the aquanaut page, there is a LDS here in townsville that services the apeks regs. as for the other stuff i know there are LDS who sell it...so it should be all right.

another thing is, that i am always open to suggestions, so if you have any recommodations regarding "better" equipment, please let me know...i don't have that much experience in buying equipment, actually none :D

puenktchen

I would go with a suunto, But not sure about going with the mosquito. No back light, small display. Air intergration may also be something to really check into first. Some people hate it,however it gives a true time. Also might want to look around the classified section here as there are often good deals, I have never had trouble buying here, of course there's ebay as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom