stupid question?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

puenktchen

Registered
Reaction score
hi.

i have a question here that probably sounds a bit stupid...i have looked around the board for a while but i can't really find an answer. :peepwalla

which parts of the equipment need to be serviced and if in which intervalls?

i know about the regs...annually...but the rest?!

and if i buy from overseas, should the servide be a problem?? (brands like apeks and aqualung and suunto)

thanx, puenktchen

Apeks recommends that an Apeks regulator 2nd stage should be serviced annually. The 1st stage should have the intermediate pressure checked and filter changed annually and be fully serviced every 2 years.

Many dive computer manufacturers recommend that you replace the battery and battery compartment o-ring in your dive computer annually. Also, have the dump valve(s) and inflator mechanism of your BC checked periodically.

Vie has made good recommendations. I would also add that there are also many things that you can check yourself. Off the top of my head, you can inflate your BC to full, leave it overnight, and see if it has lost any air. If it has, it probably has a hole in the bladder, or a problem with the inflator or a dump. I do this at least once a year, usually during the spring, before I start diving.

The night before a dive, I like to check mask straps, fin straps, and my harness, to make sure there are no cracks, tears or anything else that could cause failure. Definitely check before you get on the boat or get to the beach.

As far as what available in your area, I have no idea, but I know there are many knowledgable divers in your area of the world. You can post the question in the Australia section of the board.

BTW, welcome!

gfisher4792:
The night before a dive, I like to check mask straps, fin straps, and my harness, to make sure there are no cracks, tears or anything else that could cause failure. Definitely check before you get on the boat or get to the beach.

And carry spares—such as mask straps, buckles, mouth piece, o-rings, duct tape, super glue etc. (the list will grow).

thanx for the advise...

this will help me when i finally go out and buy my own equipment.

puenktchen

oh and thanx for the welcome!

puenktchen:
thanx for the advise...

this will help me when i finally go out and buy my own equipment.

puenktchen

oh and thanx for the welcome!
hallo puenktchen,es gibt auch noch andere marken ,die einen zweijaehrigen service interwall haben zum beispiel Poseidon und Atomic,Scubapro USA rechnet keine Ersatzteile an,nur den arbeitslohn muss aber jaehrlich gewartet werden. Alles gute....................................... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom