Got my first set of gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain CaveMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
yesterday I went to a OMS dealer about 2 hours away and bought

OMS back plate with 1 pice harness

He didnt have a oms wing but he had a diverite Venture wing.

ATX 50 reg with & foot hose

AquaLung legend Octo

Aqualung Quartz 3 lens with snorkel

I got a 3 pice( i can take it apart to simple fiy it)

Suunto Gekko PDC, Suunto psi SM-36 0-5000psi, Suunto Compass.

whats nice is they can be used in a ristmount if i want to.

if needed i can take pics.

Cool, sounds like a nice setup. If you need any help with routing the hoses and setting it up, we'll be glad to help.

thanks the dive instructor help out alot but i need help with the computer.

nice setup..well done

the dir guys are going to be all over that & foot hose though:wink:

i called up my instructor and he gave me a crash corse on it. he ancered all of my questions on it.. wow how did i ever dive with out one.

its my first computer and i made it a lot harder than it is.
i didnt understand how to do multi dives with it. but i found out all i have to do is get back into the water and it refigures my dive time for me.
thanks for the help if i have any good questions i will post them. thanks again.
i want to dive who wants to go with..

Yeah they're handy for that. However, if you 'just hop back in and it refigures', you don't have a preexisting knowledge of what kind of time limits you're looking at, so you might hop in a second time after one dive to 90', only to find that after 10 minutes you're out of NDL time. Also since that thing is electronic, it can fail. Thus, it's a good idea always to at least take a look at the tables before each dive...this way, you know if your computer is BSing you, and know what to do if it fails.

i always dive useing the dive table and i keep it on me when we go. but good idea i will check my milti dives to make sure. keep saftey first my #1 rule

That's a good rule to have as #1....tends to keep you alive longer. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom