Vintage Spear Guns - What parts go with which gun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lydia1959

New
Reaction score
I recently listed a couple spearguns on eBay and just got an email from another member telling me that 1 part (the blue rod) I thought went with 1 gun really goes to another (the Clipper). I wanted to double check here and make sure he is right before I start changing pictures and descriptions. Thanks!!

Here are the guns:

wwhduw.jpg

wwhgxw.jpg

Lydia,

The Clipper gun appears to be complete, and is a pneumatic style. (Nemrod?)

The blue Falcon gun below it is a band gun, and the band appears to be broken at the center of the wishbone. (now spread to each end below the rod.)

The blue rod makes no sense for this gun either. It appears to be designed to hold a band on the left end, but doesn't fit anywhere with this gun. The shaft length of the gun is matched to the gun length. Although a bottom loader, after market bands can work with this gun.

The rod almost looks like a missing piece from a pole spear, possibly by the same maker.

Both of these guns likely have more historical value than any that is functional.

Chad

Thanks Captain! I posted there as well!

Thanks, Chad. Both guns and the rod are all marked Nemrod. The extra blue rod seems to be a air pump of some sort. If I pull and push on the larger black end the tube fills with air until I release it by unscrewing the smaller black endcap. I do see now that the band tips are broken as you mentioned. I guess I will just leave both auctions as they are unless someone else thinks the blue rod goes with the Clipper gun. I already have 6 watchers in just a few hours on the Clipper so some people must collect these or are looking for parts anyhow.

Thanks again!

I had a nemrod pneumatic speergun just like the one pictured on top. That was back in the 1970s. You even have the original loader but all the pumps I have ever seen or owned were red in color. WOW, what a flash from the past!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom