Dacor UL750

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desultory

Registered
Reaction score
Hello There,
I recently bought an old school torch from the wonderful auction market that is ebay.
It is a Dacor UL750 which is perfectly functional but I have no booklet etc and so don't know what batteries it takes...
Would be gratefull for any advice on the matter of what batteries I need and what voltage they are etc. Would help if you could direct me to the right place as well.
Cheers
Luke

Thanks for the reply :)

Thing is I bought some 6V latern batteries online and have found out that they don't fit inside!! So there must be some particular design??

The batteries i have are 'golden power greenergy lantern battery heavy duty 6 volts'.

Could anyone give me the specification on the DACOR UL750 as wel please?

Many regards
Luke

Mine takes , or I should say has a "sterling" 6V 5ah battery THe model or the battery is H5-6FR . the company website is (sterlingbatteries.us) I have a I use a 6V lead acid battery charger that has a 12-18hr charge time at a output of 6volt @500ma. THe cahrger is made byunderwater kinectics. With the battery the run time is 3-5hrs using a GE 4547 hand lantern bulb .4.75v @ 1.25ah. Hope this could help anyone that may have this type of light.

Anyone know of a direct LED replacement bulb? I have an 8w 7550 bulb and it's good, but gets yellow fairly fast as I think I'm drawing my batteries down more quickly than with an overdriven 4.75v bulb.

If I could do a simple mod with an led bulb, it would completely change this light. If I could find a good supply/source of 7550's in led, I would probably buy up every UL 750 I could find.

I'm considering this mod too. Right now i'm looking at this bulb (approx. 1000 lumens);
http://www.grote.com/prodcat/attachments/Trilliant36-Bulb.pdf
Napa auto parts in Canada sells it for approx. $120
problem is it runs on 12v. I'm looking for a battery holder that will take 8 1.5v cells (8 x AA, 8 x D etc.)
I think i can hardwire the battery holder to the existing power leads. If my math is correct a single AA 1.5v battery would power this new LED bulb for over an hour and a half...multiply that by 8 and...well you get the idea.
I'll post my progress IF i go this route

Ok, i went for it. It worked. pretty decent results too.
If you're interested in turning your old Dacor UL-750 (UL750) divelight into a 21st century high-output LED light you may want to check this out.
You have to build a 12-volt battery pack but that's rather straightforward (and cheap). The LED bulb is the expensive part. Still way cheaper than any 1000 lumen LED divelight on the market.
I posted complete instructions here;
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-yourself-diy/416355-dacor-ul750-led-conversion.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom