Internet dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmysOnline

Reaction score
I know the equipment I want -- now I need to find the best prices....
What is your favorite internet dive shop and what is the web address?
Thanks - My search engine is not turning out all the possibilities.

I know the equipment I want -- now I need to find the best prices....
What is your favorite internet dive shop and what is the web address?
Thanks - My search engine is not turning out all the possibilities.

Amy, don't you live near any dive shops? For a lot of gear it is best to try things before buying. Also, there are usually fairly knowledgable folks who can help you.

I have bought goods from Performance when they were not available locally and have been very satisfied with, quality, price, delivery and return policy.

No other relevant experience...sorry.

Joewr

Amy,I have used all the above with no problems.I lean towards liesure-pro as they have far greater selection than any shop anywhere.However,be advised I would not buy any life-support equipment on-line (reg,BC,computer)as I want a local shop to service my equipment as per warranty requirements.I am an equipment tech and still have my local shop do annuals to protect me and my toys.I have bought a lot of equipment at close to the on-line prices with 2 techniques 1 use cash 2 haggle and whine about prices. The guys at the shop are my friends,but buisness is buisness.Good Luck

Amy,
I agree with 100 days - I actually had a shop match the online prices on some stuff by setting up an account - I agreed to purchase 3 main items from them and they gave me a good discount - I even did not have to buy it all at once, but woudl purchase the first two pieces at normal price and when I got hte last one I also got the chunky rebate (and a lot of free air)...
I too would not purchase life support equipment online - no matter how duty free it is - and hey - duty free has a knack of coming back and biting you in import taxes and tolls...

Terkel

Leisure pro is one of the best at leisurepro.com.
But take your list to your local dive shop first and see what they can do for the package you want. You might be suprised. My local guy gave me a good deal on the package (items that I wanted)and I felt better supporting my local store. Keep in mind you will have to see him face to face on a regular basis to get your tank filled! So cut him some slack if he gets in the ballpark and support your local store. Also before you buy online figure in the cost of shipping and the cost and hassle of shipping it back if it doesn't fit, plus return frieght. Going into your local store and trying on bc's, fins, ect. to find your size then buying online is not cool. You can't have your cake and eat it too!

Simplyscuba.com in the UK is a great shop and relatively inexpensive. sdswatersports.com is in the UK too and that has around the same price gear as simplyscuba.

Back
Top Bottom