Replacing Sheath on Older Wenoka Knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FireDiver443

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In the mid-late 1980's I purchased a Wenoka Knife at a LDS as an escape knife for my whitewater rafting habit. The knife became my primary when I began scuba diving and is now just an old friend that folks ogle when it accompanies my BC to my LDS for annual service.

The problem is the sheath (plastic) is reaching an end to its life and I'm not sure how to go about obtaining a replacement. Any suggestions?

Perhaps make or have made a nylon webbing sheath? Pics of the knife and sheath in question might help.

But if it's dead, it's dead. A small BC knife isn't terribly expensive.

FireDiver443:
In the mid-late 1980's I purchased a Wenoka Knife at a LDS as an escape knife for my whitewater rafting habit. The knife became my primary when I began scuba diving and is now just an old friend that folks ogle when it accompanies my BC to my LDS for annual service.

The problem is the sheath (plastic) is reaching an end to its life and I'm not sure how to go about obtaining a replacement. Any suggestions?

Try ebay. Wenoka knives were very popular. I found a replacement sheath for mine. I found a pink knife with sheath (black) for $5.00 (because the knife was pink). I kept the sheath and took apart the knife and kept the blade, end cap, lock, etc for spare parts.

I tried to upload a pic with the original post, but the forum rules only allow a 200kb file size. The pic I shot, with a ruler for reference was 960kb.

The knife in question is approximately 7 7/8" long, stainless steel handle and blade (1 piece), push-button lock into a plastic sheath. The handle itself has three 1/2" holes (center aligned) with a smaller hole (possibly for a lanyard) near the base. The blade has a line cutter and cerrated edge on one side and curved edge on the bottom.

I've uploaded a picture of it to my yahoo photo album... It can be viewed at:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rfd443/my_photos

I am going to do a mind reading trick...

You went diving in Reno, Navada a couple of years ago.

Well, am I correct?:D

Good looking kit you got there!

^drumkit.

I'm jealous, I've got a no name kit of shells with mostly Evans G2 heads. kick has a no name head on it, until I send a beater through it, when I'll replace it with something Evans or Aquarian. Cymbals are mainly no name crap, except for one Meinl which I'm sending back, it cracked. they are replacingit though. Standard 3 tom kit, my church youth group just inherited the old church kit, and it's about twice the size your yours, which is twice the size of mine! I don't even know what to call some of the drums (single head things, no shell, just a rim. tuned really tight, give a funky high pitched sound). I would have a better kit, but I'm mainly a guitarist,and I've been using money that was for guitar stuff on diving kit recently. New pickups can wait, I'd rather get a tank hydroed :wink:

GIFCo147: As a matter of fact, I did dive Tahoe in 2003. Now I do my colder stuff in a dry suit. Must be you ARE a mind reader. Got this week's lotto numbers?

JahJahwarrior: Thanks! The shells are Pearl, with Evans Blue Hydraulic skins on top, and Remo resonant heads on the bottom. The snare's a Tama Rosewood, and the cymbals are Zildjian except for the 19" china which is from Sabian's Paragon line.
I'm with you though...scuba cuts down on the money that would otherwise be funnelled into my drums.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom