Watch out for JoeDiverAmerica.com!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I placed an order for several items from Joe Diver America (www.joediveramerica.com) on December 4 so that the items would arrive in time for Christmas. The package arrived well in advance of Christmas, but they happened to leave out one item that was about a third of my $121 bill, which they charged to my credit card.

I have no problems with someone making a mistake, but this outfit has no phone number on their web site, and none that I can find doing a search of phone directories online. They have a “contact us” form to fill in and submit (which I did, spelling out the error, including order number, etc.), but no direct e-mail address. They have not responded to my request for a credit to my card, nor my request to contact me by phone or e-mail. I’ve checked my credit card transaction record online, and they have not processed a credit yet.

I would not purchase from these people again and, in my opinion, I would recommend that other people stay clear of them too.

Thanks for the review, in my experience its bad buisness to order from anyone who doesnt have a working phone # on their site though. Goodluck recovering the last item though.

Yeah, dopey me, I never figured I'd have to go check out all of a web site's contact info first; I'm one of those too trusting kinda guys. After the fact, I checked out www.scubapoll.com and found out they ranked a 1.76 out of 10 as an online merchant of scuba gear. Thirty-eight web sites ranked above them, only two below them. I'm going to post my message on all the scuba forums, plus a number of sites that log complaints about Internet retailers in general.

My mom bought a mask for my dad from them, and it came fast and in great shape. However, any company that screws anyone over loses my business. Good luck getting it all handled--somewhere they must have an address. Talk to a lawyer, threaten to take them to small claims court.

The Internet can be a great tool, if you know how to look :wink:

Registrant:
JOE DIVER
JOEDIVERSVIRTUALDIVESTORE
548 EDINBURGH DRIVE
FORT MYERS, FL US

Registrar: NameSecure.com
Domain: JOEDIVERAMERICA.COM
Created on 01-04-2001
Expires on 01-04-2007

Administrative Contact:
JOE DIVER
Phone: 941-477-9355
E-mail:

Technical Contact:
Namesecure Inc.
Phone: 570-708-8418
E-mail:

Name Servers:
NS1.NETNATION.COM 204.174.223.1
NS2.NETNATION.COM 204.174.223.31

Mafiaman:
The Internet can be a great tool, if you know how to look :wink:

Registrant:
JOE DIVER
JOEDIVERSVIRTUALDIVESTORE
548 EDINBURGH DRIVE
FORT MYERS, FL US

Registrar: NameSecure.com
Domain: JOEDIVERAMERICA.COM
Created on 01-04-2001
Expires on 01-04-2007

Administrative Contact:
JOE DIVER
Phone: 941-477-9355
E-mail:

Technical Contact:
Namesecure Inc.
Phone: 570-708-8418
E-mail:

Name Servers:
NS1.NETNATION.COM 204.174.223.1
NS2.NETNATION.COM 204.174.223.31

I was just about to do the same thing!

I got an E-mail addy, as well: Justincayz@aol.com

Cheers,

Jeff

...and there website does state quite clearly that they do not have an 800 number or do business by phone, stating that they prefer the paper-trail created through email, and claiming it saves the consumer money.

Hard to complain that they don't do business by phone when they state it up front.

Hope it all works out well for you!

Back
Top Bottom