Cleaning gear when doing multiple dives on multiple days...........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasaint

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was curious to see what others did about cleaning their gear on liveaboards and other dive trips. Do you clean in between dives or after the last dive of the trip?:confused:

same here. rinse after the last dive of the day, andtwhen i get back, the following:

1) Thoroughly rinse first stage (with dust cap on obviously) and soak second stages
2) Fill bp/w with h20 and soak.
3) Rinse off all other gear thoroughly

On 14 day+ trips I don't usually bother washing anything in fresh water till after the last dive on the last day. Way too busy eating and sleeping to bother, only thing that does get washed is the camera gear and it gets a good soaking after every dive.

Cheers
Chris

i only rinse the camera housing after each dive when in liveaboards

If I have access to a rinse tank, I'll dunk everything real quick after each dive. Probably not necessary, but I hate salt crystals on my stuff, and a couple hours is enough for them to form.

A slightly more-thorough rinsing (to include fresh water inside the BC) at the end of the day, if diving again the next day.

Obviously, if on a two-dive boat trip, nothing gets rinsed until the evening.

On a liveaboard trip, the camera, torches, and wetsuit gets rinsed after each dive. On multi-day land trips where we're only diving a charter in the morning, everything gets rinsed since it will dry in the 18 hours between dives.

Once we get home, everything gets thoroughly washed and rinsed WELL.

Scubasaint,
It sounds to me like you need some refresher courses on gear cleaning and diving. OF COURSE you must rinse your gear after a dive. Learn, my boy.... learn. If you ever need assistance in cleaning your gear, or a prep talk on the proper way to do things, you just let me know. Thanks, my boy saint.... scubasaint, that is.

Everything is rinsed whenever it is reasonable to do so. Camera, more often. That means, if we do 2 boat dives in the AM and 2 more in the PM, quick rinses will happen after each set. If there is a shore dive tucked in between or after, there will be a rinse after it, too. Always at the end of the day, even if in the hotel room. Major rinsing when back at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom