Aeris Dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladbak1

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a couple of Aeris dive computers for my son and me. Does anyone else find the manuals difficult to understand? I used to think I was reasonably intelligent, but I'm now having second thoughts:D

What model of Aeris computer(s)?

No, the manual is not easy casual reading.

You'll have to go through the screens step-by-step to adjust all the settings on the surface (date, time, units, water activation, nitrox settings and alarms (depending on what model), etc.). That part can be involved, but it's laid out pretty logically in the manual.

You'll have to actually dive with the computer to see what it does submerged, but that's pretty easy. Just remember that the only thing you can do while submerged is change the layout of the screen -- that is, which data it displays (temp, max depth, etc.).

Going into emergency decompression would be tougher (but you shouldn't allow yourself to be in that situation, right?). I'm not sure whether the simulation mode on certain models will cover that, but you will want to study through that so can recognize what it's telling you if that ever happens.

--Marek

I have an Elite and T3. I realize that all will more than likely turn out for the better once I get the opportunity to dive the new computers.
I guess my major complaint is the way that the Nitrox info is mixed in with the regular air info. Also I would say that the manual should tell you that most of all the settings can be done on the home PC and uploaded

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom