Where to attach knife on BCD??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tlmainer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have a picture of their BC with a small knife attached? I'm trying to figure out a good place on my BC to attach it that is easy to get to but not in the way. Any advise or PICTURES would helpful.
Thanks

Honestly I carry two EMT Shears one on my comber bun and one on my shoulder strap. That way if my hands get caught towards my waist i have access. And one near my chest for the same reason. Just zip tie them on Like Tex gal said. EMT shears 10X's better then a knife.

I carry both shears and knife though I don't use a BC. My shears I have bungied around the blades and clipped to a shoulder D-ring; Knife has webbing threaded through the back and sits by my waist.

Before I moved to a wing & backplate, I had my knife zip tied upside down on the BC inflator hose. It was a very accessible spot, but still out of the way. -Todd.

i have mine zip tied upside down on my inflater also,it was the most acessable spot i could find,plus you are used to grabbing your inflater so it is no problem finding in any vis conditions.

I have one bolted to my bc thru grommeted holes provided on most sea quest bc's. I have a Wenoka squeeze lock knife. A lot of knives that are made by any of the Aqua Lung companies have mounting holes that will line up with these. I also had a smaller knife on a hose mount just below my console.

For the divers that carry shears, are they in a sheath?

For the divers that carry shears, are they in a sheath?
I tried carrying emt shears in a sheath but I didn't care for the way it hung so I made a trip to the local hardware store and bought this:
a 2 1/2 inch piece of clear plastic tubing, and a 1 1/2" stainless steel ring.
I heated the tubing in hot water until a bit pliable and slipped it over the sharp ends of the shears.
I then drilled a 1/8" hole through the side of the tubing and slipped the stainless steel ring through it. From there I either can hand it off my d ring or tether it and stuff it inside one of my pockets. By the way, this wasn't an original idea, I actually saw one of my friends use it first.
Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom