K2 Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fleep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I Just purchased a Dive Rite Nitek Duo computer from K2 Scuba's web site, http://www.k2scuba.com/ - Their sales/service was excellent. The owner included a handwritten note and a couple extra bonus gifts (sunglasses, defog, couple catalogs) in the package. The package arrived in 3 days after I ordered online. I recommend considering their store if you are making a purchase. I am not affiliated with the store, just wanted to pass along an excellent resource to the community.

I'll add my recommendation for the crew at K2 - these are real divers who understand what divers want, and still understand what customer service is all about. Everything they do has a touch of class. You'll get the same treatment whether you are buying a full DIR rig or a bottle of defog (well you might get a bit more love out of the full rig, but you get my drift).

Ask Tevis to hook you up with a 10ft "Farnsworth Special" snorkel :rofl3:

***Please read following posts*****

Last edited:
Glad you guys had good experiences. That's promising.

Hope Tevis/ K2Scuba has changed, but somehow I doubt it, specially after the amount of people he's defrauded.

For those who would like to learn more before taking a chance with k2scuba :

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gear-equipment-classifieds/231478-i-am-looking-cheap-console-gauge.html

Any recourse on uncertified instructor? - The Dive Matrix Forums
I highly doubt he has changed in the least. The OP should check his credit card statement extra closely for a while so that he catches the exta charges for purchases that were never made that are sure to come.

Hope Tevis/ K2Scuba has changed, but somehow I doubt it, specially after the amount of people he's defrauded.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gear-equipment-classifieds/231478-i-am-looking-cheap-console-gauge.html

Hmmm. Not my experience with him or K2, either thru charters or buying gear. But the number of comments seems a bit overwhelming. I'm surprised I missed all those posts.

Caveat Emptor. I amended my first post to advise further reading.

I had a rather...uh..."interesting" situation with the folks at K2 Scuba...I'd rather not post it publicly, but if you're considering purchasing gear from them, feel free to PM me....
It was a private, "used gear" transaction, but definitely says something about character...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ge.../231478-i-am-looking-cheap-console-gauge.html

I just quoted you Kev so these links would be reiterated! Thanks for the heads up too.

I doubly stress to beware of Tevis and K2.

Check your bank and credit card statements and then check them again in a few months.

With luck he didnt give you a medical examination while trying to convince you to get your GUE training from him, since he is neither doctor nor instructor but if you dont watch out he'll tell you otherwise.

Please be very cautious, or join the the majority of California divers in avoiding him at all costs!!

Out of countless threads and post in regards to Tevis and K2 K3 KY I will be another one of the many to say he is a piece of work... The man is as shady as they come and I would stay as far away from him as you can.

Now I think that I herd back awhile ago that most of the stuff he is selling is "Gray market"? Meaning that he is getting it from a authorized distributor and reselling himself which would void all warranties. Not sure if I got the term right and I am not saying that all he sells is like that but how would you feel if that new computer you just bought carried no warranty....

I have personally dove with Tevis and gotten my dose of medical advise and all I can say is god help us. This man is a danger in and out of the water and should not be trusted.

Im not a doctor, but I play one on scubaboard... that was the best line ever.... Tevis thanks for all the stories and laughs you and your fraudulent ways have brought to this dive community but I hope I never see you again my brotha my brotha

I just looked at Fleep's profile and it looks like he is used to and likes dealing with shady dealers...

Certification Agencies
various unscrupulous characters and agencies

Just thought it was ironic... all in good fun Fleep and I hope you dont have any extra charges

oh, I hope Tevis can just feel the love! I have been warned about my posts regarding him. I have had posts deleted... send me a PM and Ill unload on you with stories about him. PLEASE!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom