If they only made it. I would buy it....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was thinking the other night that there has to be items that divers would want that aren't made yet. So here we go. Could be large or small. As long as it improves the quality of our experience getting to the site. Setting up our equipment and of course the dive itself.

For us shore divers it would be a nice addition to my computer to tell how deep the water is before I descend. A similar device to what boats have except it would be part of the dive computer.

Underwater communication gear that doesn't require a full face mask. Huge increase in safety.

A GPS that will operate underwater.

A digital camera that doesn't need a housing. Nikonos cameras did a great job and some smart boy will come up with a digital receptor that replaces the film behind to shutter.

Boots that don't lead to lacerated toes after a weeks diving...

(lycra socks fixed that problem for me, but it would be nice to have comfortable boots that protect your feet in the first place)

Small (up to canister size) inertial navigation system with a drift of less than 10meters / hour.

Would be great for navigation in low vis. Nowadays the components are all available at reasonable prices. I keep meaning to try to build one but I never seem to have the time available.

actual women sized women proportioned gear..not guy's reworks.....

Reactions: Jax
baby pink jet fins (not the neon pink twins, so don't even go there...)

foolproof but non-hair-pulling she-p adhesive

hmm...mac compatible dive 'puters seem pretty rare, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom