Talon Drysuit Zipper - Good or Bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

realdiver7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I tried posting this in the exposure gear section, but had no replies.

Is the Talon medium duty front entry diagonal drysuit zipper a good one or not so good? I've seen one installed by a dive shop on a DUI CF200 as a replacement zipper and wonder how they compare to YKK, BDM or others.

Any comments and especially first-hand knowledge would be helpful.

Thanks!

I tried posting this in the exposure gear section, but had no replies.

Is the Talon medium duty front entry diagonal drysuit zipper a good one or not so good? I've seen one installed by a dive shop on a DUI CF200 as a replacement zipper and wonder how they compare to YKK, BDM or others.

Any comments and especially first-hand knowledge would be helpful.

Thanks!

I am not sure which OEM suit manufacturers use Talon, but I think they are as good as any other manufacturer. I have a customer that has a Talon on his suit. I think he is quite satisfied.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Thanks Phil....your input is very helpful as usual. I've just learned that "medium duty" means 8 teeth per inch, and that is what this Talon has.

I think all zippers on drysuits are made much the same. As far as I know YKK has patented the dry zipper and all the other brands (i.e BDM, Dynat, OEB) are made on license.

Hello,

Talon drysuits zippers is owned by YKK, they are also known as OEB. Some of our customers have reported some quality problems with these zippers, mainly leaking problems. This doesn't mean that the brand is a low quality brand, however I am reporting here our customers' feedback.

I hope this is somehow helpful.

Paskal (PK) Premium Qulity Zip Fasteners has been supplying top quality zippers to the Drysuits, Wetsuits and Marine industries for over 30 years.

Paskal can be contacted in the US at:
Paskal USA

14 Pacific Street
Lyman SC 29365
USA

Phone: 800 621 8895
Fax: 864 439 3731

International Ph: +1 800 621 8895
International Fax: +1 864 439 3731

Email: paskalusa@americanfoamco.com

Haha, Talon zipper is OEM by us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/