Scuba Gear Storage in Truck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Everyone.
I am new to the board and looking for some ideas.
I just got rid of my SUV and got a pick up truck. I am in the process of building a storage unit for 2 cylinders, and my dive gear. I am thinking of making a sliding box for the 2 cylinders to make it easier to get them out, and a locking box for the gear. Does anybody have any pictures of what they have done? I already have a bed cover on the truck, so I am just trying to make something to keep my gear secure while driving.
Thanks

for the tank i just used a big piece of PVC mounted to a board and for my gear i just toss my bag into one of those plastic totes.

I will try to describe a tank rack I have seen ,I dont have pics,so here goes. Most newer P/U's have a place on the inside of the box to drop in 2x4 or 2x6 boards . This rack had several pieces of 8" pvc on top of a 2x4 near the back of the bed . The fronts of the pipe were covered with another 2x4. The raised design helps keep the tanks from rolling, there was also a bungee over the valve and down to the afore mentioned 2x4 to keep them from sliding out. In short, 2x4 on edge near the rear , 8" pvc on top of that , 2x4 across the front , pvc setting at an angle with valve end raised.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom