Update on selling gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
My sister called me the other night and was distraught over how stubborn her hubby is on what gear he intends to buy. He took her to look at some gear that was 10years old, don't know what make or model. She is very skeptical of it said it look like it had dry rot. Well, my advice to her was don't try it, take it to the dive shop where they are signed up for classes and have it checked out. I reminded her that it is her life depending on this equipment. Since he is being such a cheapskate I told her I would send her my extra gear for her and only her to use. If she decides to buy some later she can send it back or if she wants to buy it fine. I just feel safer knowing she is using new gear that has a warranty on it still. I have packed it up and am shipping it to her today.

Bottoms Up....Bubbles Up!!!
Cindy

Good call Cindy, didn't you post a while back that he wouldn't buy your extra gear for her at a resonable price? That's just crazy. He wants her to just try out some old used gear? I don't think so. Should your sis be diving with him?

-kate

I was thinking just what Kate said.
  • "Honey, you're a good husband, but a rotten dive buddy! If you say that you value my life, why are you forcing me into life support equipment that you know nothing about and could fail at a critical point and drown me? Is [red]my life[/red] worth saving a few hundred dollars????!!!"
Cindy, you need to tell your brother-in-law that the $100-200 he is saving buying this older equipment can easily be eaten up through service and overhauls. And that it willkill him.

You and your sister really need to put your foot down on this guy.
  • "Honey, either we get some decently priced new gear, or I get a permanent "nocturnal" headache."

Not to rub it in.. buy my Girlfriend just got all top of the line BRAND NEW gear... and we're not even married. I would never want her to be in danger of any kind. Not only that... diving with crappy gear is NO FUN... comfort makes all the difference... as well as piece of mind knowing that you have the best of the best...

Since I realize that most of us are on a budget, tell him to check out diveinn.com GREAT SERVICE.. and don't worry about all the mumbo jumbo about warranty..

You can get both a new bc and a regulator for the price of just one or the other...

the url is

http://www.diveinn.com they have a smoking deal on the APEKS line of regs and some really good deals on the MARES line of BC's... can't go wrong...

Good Luck :D I wouldn't even consider used equipment from someone I didn't know very well.

Well I packed up my spare regulator, gauges, a safety sausage, two lycra dive skins and a shorty wet suit that doesn't fit me and shipped it to my sis. I put an itemized list in the box with a Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas attached. I also, told her this gear is just for her and her only. Now, I have to wonder what my brother in law will outfit my nephew with. He is 16 and taking the OW classes with them. Geez I cant outfit the whole family, but I don't want them to be in danger either. I do kinda wonder what he will be like as a dive buddy. He is very hard headed and always thinks he knows it all. Maybe the instructor will take him down a peg or two. I sure hope so. But, atleast my sister will have a good regulator and gauges to use.

Bottoms Up....Bubbles Up!!!

Cindy

P.S. Some of those redneck jokes are kind of what he will fall into, hoses with duct tape. Wouldn't put it past him.

That's really cool of you.... wish I had big sister to hook me up.

PROPS!!!!

It sounds like you're a really Great sister Cindy.

My wife doesn't have all of her equipment yet.
When it comes to my wife and equipment I offer suggestions. What she gets is her decision.And it's [red]new not used[/red].

Tavi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom