Where to buy Gull mask & fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cheetohcat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, I've tried looking through old threads and googling endlessly but I can't seem to find a way to purchase Gull products.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

I am looking for the Coco mask in pink, and potentially fins and snorkel as well. I just can't find a way to buy them! None of the online retailers that come up have them in stock, or respond to email. :depressed:

I have a pair of Japanese-made black Gull Hard Mew fins and I love them:
800220.jpg

Gull fins come in a range of other solid colours too. You're right about the non-communicativeness of Japanese online stockists of Gull equipment, however. When I first tried to get hold of a pair of Gull Mews I wrote to many online retailers, all without result. I finally got a pair via another Scubaboard forum member.

When you did your searching of Scubaboard forum threads, did you come across the following one:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/242056-gull-diving-fins.html
I know it's a bit over a year old, but have a look at the last message in the thread where a forum member offers to ship Gull gear anywhere in the world. You could PM the poster to find out more.

If that fails, there is another option that might yield results. There are Japanese companies which will purchase Japanese goods on behalf of westerners who can't speak the language. One example may be:
Nippon Export - Buy directly from Japan! Manga, Anime, DVD, CD, OST...

Gull products never appear to be distributed as far as Europe or America, more's the pity, but they are available in the Far East (e.g. Malaysia, Thailand) and even New Zealand:
Splash

Keep us posted about how you get on. I love snorkelling with traditional all-rubber full-foot fins because those are the kinds of fins I first used back in the 1960s and I've never seen any point in changing because they serve my purposes so well.

I am trying to buy a Gull hood. Any suggestions? The company must be out of business. I want one as large as possible but the hood may be one size fits all.

Well, I've tried looking through old threads and googling endlessly but I can't seem to find a way to purchase Gull products.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

I am looking for the Coco mask in pink, and potentially fins and snorkel as well. I just can't find a way to buy them! None of the online retailers that come up have them in stock, or respond to email. :depressed:

Hi, if it helps, there are a couple of website selling Gull products. Came across them cos myself also looking at buying some stuff.

Ok, this is my 1st post so i can't post URL. So pls google rakuten, marinetone or rainbowrunner.

Good luck:)

=) Yes, unfortunately, until (or if) Gull ever has a US distributer, we're all stuck ordering from overseas!

I've found that most of the sites who list their products rarely ever respond back to me when I've contacted them in the last two years trying to track down items. Maybe they don't want to deal with foreign orders? :idk:

I do highly recommend Marinetone (Marinetone Scuba Diving Gears) though. They were great; got back to me quickly, and really took the time to explain the differences between the some of the products and make recos based on my needs.

Also, if you don't see what you want on their site, email them and they will likely be able to get if for you from Gull.

HTH!

=) Yes, unfortunately, until (or if) Gull ever has a US distributer, we're all stuck ordering from overseas!

There is one US distributor of Gull Hard Mew fins:

CanAm Underwater Hockey Gear

I've found that most of the sites who list their products rarely ever respond back to me when I've contacted them in the last two years trying to track down items. Maybe they don't want to deal with foreign orders? :idk:

That has been my experience too. Rakuten has been mentioned, and they do have an English-language section on their website, but I received no reply when I ordered some Gull gear from the site.

I do highly recommend Marinetone (Marinetone Scuba Diving Gears) though. They were great; got back to me quickly, and really took the time to explain the differences between the some of the products and make recos based on my needs.

Also, if you don't see what you want on their site, email them and they will likely be able to get if for you from Gull.

HTH!

I second the recommendation of Marinetone, which is based in Hong Kong and ships anywhere in the world. They emailed me to let me know every stage of the order, then delivered my Gull Mew fins to the UK in three days, much faster than most UK suppliers!

Rakuten's parent company is one of the biggest companies that participates in the Japanese whaling industry, which is the reason I don't support them or any of their subsidiary businesses (pinterest, for example). They recently vowed to get out of the whale meat trade, but remain a big player in the worldwide ivory trade. For this reason, I still don't want to support any of their businesses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom