The best brand names on scuba diving equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver2010

New
Reaction score
Hello,
I’m beginning in diving and I want to buy some basic equipment. I’m wondered about the best brand names on scuba diving equipment. And do you recommend the Tilos equipments?
Thank you in advance
:)

I like Voit, Healthways, Sportsways, White Stag and USD/Aqua Lung myself. Never heard of Tidos.

N

So this is a vintage dive equipment question? Maybe the newbie got lost.:confused:

Nem gave him a vintage answer.

Welcome to the board. I think maybe you are asking in the wrong section. This is the vintage section and we deal mostly with old gear from the 50's, 60's and early 70's. If that is what you are interested in then US Divers and Voit would be my suggestion, mainly because parts and service are still available for them...at least on a limited basis. Most of the other old brands are difficult if not impossible to get serviced.

On the other hand if you are really looking for modern gear, there are quite a few good brands. Apeks, Atomic, Aqua Lung (use to be US Divers), Mares, Oceanic, Scubapro, Seaquest, Sherwood and Zeagle to name a few of them, there are others. Most make good equipment that will serve you well. Mostly it's a matter of personal choice rather than quality. Give us a little better idea what you are looking for and we can do a better job of helping.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Basic Scuba.

Halcyon - DiveRite (BC)
Halcyon - Light Monkey (Lights)
Bare (Drysuit /Wetsuit) Henderson (wetsuit)
ScubaPro - Atomic (regs)
Oceanic - Dive Rite - scubapro (computers)
Bare - Henderson (Hood / Gloves / Boots)

I like Voit, Healthways, Sportsways, White Stag and USD/Aqua Lung myself. Never heard of Tidos.

N

Nice choices, N. Sometimes it's surprising to see how much of that equipment is still around and still being used.

To the OP, Scubapro, AquaLung/Apeks, Dive Rite, Oceanic, Sherwood, DUI, Diving Concepts, Halcyon, Atomic and other have mentioned all make quality gear. Most manufacturers make a great "X", a good "Y" and a so-so "Z". Most divers who have been at it awhile have a kit that is a mix of brands. They find "X" from one brand, "Y" from another brand and so on. Some questions that might help us to help you as well as to ask yourself: what kind of diving are you thinking of doing, what brands can you get serviced locally and what's in the area that you might have a chance to try out before you plunk down your money

Back
Top Bottom