Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The best brand names on scuba diving equipment

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Rolling my eyes The best brand names on scuba diving equipment

Hello,
    I知 beginning in diving and I want to buy some basic equipment. I知 wondered about the best brand names on scuba diving equipment. And do you recommend the Tilos equipments?
    Thank you in advance

Defender!

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    None - Not Certified
    Photos
    I like Voit, Healthways, Sportsways, White Stag and USD/Aqua Lung myself. Never heard of Tidos.

N
    Bob DBF likes this.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Tlios is ok equipment. The masks are good. The rest of the line is so-so.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Atomic Aquatics (regs), SeaQuest (bcd), Mares (fins), Oceanic (computers, mask). That should get you started!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    So this is a vintage dive equipment question? Maybe the newbie got lost.

http://vintagescubastuff.com

Solo Diver

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000+
    Quote Originally Posted by simonbeans View Post
    So this is a vintage dive equipment question? Maybe the newbie got lost.
    Nem gave him a vintage answer.
    Nothing is foolproof to a truly talented fool

Law of Illogical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Getting old is not for wusses

NAVED master diver #105

Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Welcome to the board. I think maybe you are asking in the wrong section. This is the vintage section and we deal mostly with old gear from the 50's, 60's and early 70's. If that is what you are interested in then US Divers and Voit would be my suggestion, mainly because parts and service are still available for them...at least on a limited basis. Most of the other old brands are difficult if not impossible to get serviced.

On the other hand if you are really looking for modern gear, there are quite a few good brands. Apeks, Atomic, Aqua Lung (use to be US Divers), Mares, Oceanic, Scubapro, Seaquest, Sherwood and Zeagle to name a few of them, there are others. Most make good equipment that will serve you well. Mostly it's a matter of personal choice rather than quality. Give us a little better idea what you are looking for and we can do a better job of helping.
    herman

www.ncdivers.com
    Oly C-5050, PT-015, Inon D180

TC
    Miscreant Moderator

has an alibi.

Photos
    Blog Entries
    Moderator's Comments:
    Moved to Basic Scuba.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    Photos
    Halcyon - DiveRite (BC)
    Halcyon - Light Monkey (Lights)
    Bare (Drysuit /Wetsuit) Henderson (wetsuit)
    ScubaPro - Atomic (regs)
    Oceanic - Dive Rite - scubapro (computers)
    Bare - Henderson (Hood / Gloves / Boots)

Scuba Instructor

key pad malfunction

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    I like Voit, Healthways, Sportsways, White Stag and USD/Aqua Lung myself. Never heard of Tidos.

N
    Nice choices, N. Sometimes it's surprising to see how much of that equipment is still around and still being used.

To the OP, Scubapro, AquaLung/Apeks, Dive Rite, Oceanic, Sherwood, DUI, Diving Concepts, Halcyon, Atomic and other have mentioned all make quality gear. Most manufacturers make a great "X", a good "Y" and a so-so "Z". Most divers who have been at it awhile have a kit that is a mix of brands. They find "X" from one brand, "Y" from another brand and so on. Some questions that might help us to help you as well as to ask yourself: what kind of diving are you thinking of doing, what brands can you get serviced locally and what's in the area that you might have a chance to try out before you plunk down your money
    "As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow.
    He could be plotting something."
    - Hagar the Horrible

Do not fear the enemy, they can only take your life. It is better to fear the media, for they will steal your HONOR.
    - Mark Twain

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast