Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there something wrong with I.D.I?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    I was wondering if there was something wrong with the gear made by I.D.I.? I have read a lot about several brands of gear on this board, but nobody ever refers to anything made by this company. Is it because of a quality problem or is it because they are limited in their product distribution? I am seriously thinking of buying some of their gear and would really like personal reports to go along with all of the ratings that I have seen. I had no replys when I asked about the BC that I am considering buying and this really makes me wonder. Thanks, Hawk.
    "Born above, Live below!"

SEI/CMAS Instructor Trainer

Photos
    I don't know much about IDI, they are not one of the major brands. I do know they have some copy cat items, but I have no information on the quality of their products.

WWW™

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499

Question IDI

Hawk...I see on another thread that IDI makes the post 2000 Zeagel regs. Don't know if this helps or not. Butch
    Tim Butcher

Registered

confused

IDI gear

I bought an IDI Advantage BC for my wife and after a little adjustment to the back inflation concept she really liked it. It is well designed and easy to use-like most of the diving equipment on the market today. I bought it through Performancediver.com for $350.00.
    IDI makes good equipment that gets consistenly high marks from Rodale's(not the world to me, but it means something).

Has not set a "status"

Hi Hawk,

There is nothing wrong with IDI gear to the best of my knowledge. In fact, what I hear is pretty good. Just make sure servicing will not be a problem.

Happy shopping.

DocVikingo

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Their Jetfin knock off, I forget the model name, is highly regarded.

Sam

Registered

Has not set a "status"

I have two complete sets of IDI gear that I am very happy with. The regulator breathes as easy at 100 ft as it does at 10. I have never had any problem with any of the gear and it seems to be high quality.My local shop sells IDI and also uses it for scuba classes.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Thanks, I was really begining to wonder.
    "Born above, Live below!"

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    There's a few items that IDI makes that the Navy actually approves of. Aside from that many recreational divers shy away from the brand primarily because it's products are sold at Costco/Sam's Club type wholsale outlets next to 3 dollar snorkels and 10 dollar fins. I think it's mainly an image thing. Never fails to get some snickers on a dive boat... hehe

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos

Jet fin = I D I power fin

I have had a pair of power fins for easily 20 years. The only thing I don't like about them is the strap attachment. The strap on my left fin slips really bad. I didn't know the Jet fins and the power fins were identicle until I saw mine and another set side by side. There is one small difference and that is there is a very small set of holes across the jet fins that isn't there on the power fins.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast