Is there something wrong with I.D.I?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawk

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was wondering if there was something wrong with the gear made by I.D.I.? I have read a lot about several brands of gear on this board, but nobody ever refers to anything made by this company. Is it because of a quality problem or is it because they are limited in their product distribution? I am seriously thinking of buying some of their gear and would really like personal reports to go along with all of the ratings that I have seen. I had no replys when I asked about the BC that I am considering buying and this really makes me wonder. Thanks, Hawk.

I don't know much about IDI, they are not one of the major brands. I do know they have some copy cat items, but I have no information on the quality of their products.

WWW™

Hawk...I see on another thread that IDI makes the post 2000 Zeagel regs. Don't know if this helps or not. Butch

I bought an IDI Advantage BC for my wife and after a little adjustment to the back inflation concept she really liked it. It is well designed and easy to use-like most of the diving equipment on the market today. I bought it through Performancediver.com for $350.00.
IDI makes good equipment that gets consistenly high marks from Rodale's(not the world to me, but it means something).

Hi Hawk,

There is nothing wrong with IDI gear to the best of my knowledge. In fact, what I hear is pretty good. Just make sure servicing will not be a problem.

Happy shopping.

DocVikingo

Their Jetfin knock off, I forget the model name, is highly regarded.

Sam

I have two complete sets of IDI gear that I am very happy with. The regulator breathes as easy at 100 ft as it does at 10. I have never had any problem with any of the gear and it seems to be high quality.My local shop sells IDI and also uses it for scuba classes.

Thanks, I was really begining to wonder.

There's a few items that IDI makes that the Navy actually approves of. Aside from that many recreational divers shy away from the brand primarily because it's products are sold at Costco/Sam's Club type wholsale outlets next to 3 dollar snorkels and 10 dollar fins. I think it's mainly an image thing. Never fails to get some snickers on a dive boat... hehe :D

I have had a pair of power fins for easily 20 years. The only thing I don't like about them is the strap attachment. The strap on my left fin slips really bad. I didn't know the Jet fins and the power fins were identicle until I saw mine and another set side by side. There is one small difference and that is there is a very small set of holes across the jet fins that isn't there on the power fins.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom