DC Dry Glove Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasdasdaf

Reaction score
Dear all,

I recently tore my Diving Concepts dry glove and would like to replace it myself. I came across this website with instructions:

http://members.aol.com/mymovie/dive/equipment/gloverepair/gloverepair.html

I have bought the Atlas 490 gloves and am ready to go, but I've found at the original glove o-ring is incredible difficult to work with. The website tells you which o-ring to buy, and I am going to do this. But does anyone know a place (website) where I can buy only a handful, not 50?

I will be the first to admit that I am not very good with DIY stuff. Does anyone have any other pointers on how to go about doing this? If anyone has done this themselves, I would love to hear from you before I start.

Thank you in advance.

sasdasdaf once bubbled...
Dear all,

I recently tore my Diving Concepts dry glove and would like to replace it myself. I came across this website with instructions:

http://members.aol.com/mymovie/dive/equipment/gloverepair/gloverepair.html

I have bought the Atlas 490 gloves and am ready to go, but I've found at the original glove o-ring is incredible difficult to work with. The website tells you which o-ring to buy, and I am going to do this. But does anyone know a place (website) where I can buy only a handful, not 50?

I will be the first to admit that I am not very good with DIY stuff. Does anyone have any other pointers on how to go about doing this? If anyone has done this themselves, I would love to hear from you before I start.

Thank you in advance.

My dive buddy ordered an extra pair of gloves directly from Diving Concepts along with a $10 tool for putting on the o-ring.

Last week during our Tech 1 class he had a glove that was severely damp from all the perspiration and it took him less than 10 minutes by himself to change out the glove to one of his dry ones he had as a backup.

Bob

Yes i am resurrecting a old thread here. Does anyone have a picture of this tool? DC is currently out of stock and is unsure when they will be getting more of the tools. Last time i used the skin knuckles and butter knife method to change out my gloves. Not the best way but it worked :D

Actually That's pretty much what I assumed it would be., I hadn't thought about fabricating one from a piece of PVC pipe, but it ought to work pretty well if I can get find some of the right diameter.

Is there an updated link for that BayAreaDivers page?

I need to replace my dc dry gloves. All the explanations have links that seem to be defunked(the last one was dated 2005). Please help out with new instructions. I have the blue atlas gloves. Aqua seal is a great product, but soon there will be more glue than glove. Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom