Atomic aquatics frameless vs hollis m1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had the Atomic frameless for a couple years and like it a lot. Very low volume, excellent visibility, and comfy for me. Can't say anything about the other, have never seen one.

Of course, for a mask, fit is quite important, so you should try one out if at all possible.

The Atomic Frameless didn't fit me, but the Hollis M1 did. The silicon is softer on the Atomic, but that is worthless to me since it didn't fit.

I can very highly sing the praises of the Atomic Aquatics Frameless; I own two. From the minute I tried it on in the shop I knew that I had to have this mask, even though they only had the larger size, which clearly didn't fit. Fortunately another LDS had the medium, which fitted perfectly and has the same field of vision as the larger size.
Pros. The field of vision is incredible, the sides fold flat allowing it to easily slip in a pocket, and strap seems robust, and the silicon is cushdy.
If I'm honest I haven't noticed a difference in the colour through its super clear glass (but I also haven't made a direct colour comparison to my old mask, so who knows?)
Cons... the Hollis is cheaper

The Hollis, looks fab, but I don't think I have even tried one on, let alone dived with one, so I can't help you there.

Try to find a dive shop that sells both, try them both on, see which fits. If you have a childlike face like me, try the medium Atomic.

Nic

Last edited:
Buy the one that fits the best. I too have a child size face and went with the medium Atomic and couldn't be happier, the best fitting mask I have found to date.

I was looking at purchasing these same masks and the major difference I noticed was how much easier it was to get at my nose with the Hollis M1. I Could not even get my fingers at my nose with the Atomic. I tried to compare the field of view and they seemed exactly the same. I like the looks of the Atomic better but the Hollis M1 just felt like it was custom made for my face. I'm buying two this weekend.

I like the looks of the Atomic better but the Hollis M1 just felt like it was custom made for my face.

Same here. I went to the shop with the intent to purchase an Atomic, but the M1 is the only mask I have tried on that really fits my face. The next best fit was the Atomic Sub Frame. I have tried on many masks and doubt I will find a better fit for my face shape.

I like my Atomic frameless very much but found that as a result of the soft skirting it leaks if the strap is in any way tight, but the fit is such that it seals well wit out any help at all from the strap

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom