Need advise on New fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robdog

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Need new fins . Old hurricanes finally gave up. I am intrested in force fins. I'm a warm water diver . Mexico usually. What are your favorites?

It sounds like you already investigated the force fins and have loads of diving experience yourself (100-199). Fins .... they all work, buy fins that suit you requirements. I don't know the force fins, but those who use them are very happy. If you want a recommendation, get SP jet fins!!!

Apollo Bio Fins with stainless-steel spring straps...as far as I'm concerned, they're the ultimate fin, certainly at least for any recreational diving scenario !

Jet fins are alot cheaper than the force fins. I love my jets but I know people who dive with force fins and they like them. See if you can find someone who will let you try them out.

NOLA DIVER

Try before you buy...especially when it comes to Force Fins. There's no middle ground with these, people either hate them or love them, and you won't know which type you are until you strap on a pair.

All the best, James

There has never been a fin made that is worth more than $50.

The biggest difference between new fins and used fins is a few insignificant scratches.

:popcorn:

Tusa Tri-Ex is my new favorite "all around" fin. I put spring straps on them and never looked back. Relatively light weight, powerful even in currents, Peforms back kick, modified frog, sculling, and flutter kicks quite well. Inexpensive. Oh yeah, they look cool too. Leisurepro has them for $89 new and $50 used. Tusa Tri-Ex Open Heel Fins (SF-6)

ScubaPro Jet Fins or Hollis F1s. These are my favourites. Have tried force fins and they weren't for me.

Back
Top Bottom