Slates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a 3x5 plastic slate with a little min-golf pencil attached to via a rubber band. I cant put this thing in my BC because I got an extra mask, sausage and mini knife in those. Dont want to clip it to my BC because it will be a pain in the but to find it then to unclip it. I do have a mini-slate on the back of my console - but I dont want to have a pencil or rubber band around my guages.

Anyone have some creative ideas???:rolleyes:

Aloha bmuise,
My two cents worth. Lose the mask. How often does anyone ever need a backup mask underwater? I have a small knife that attaches to the BCD pocket flap by poking two holes in it and using the backing plate and two screws that came with the knife. I have a dive sausage in one pocket and a small slate in the other. I also obtained a woodless pencil at an art supply store. There is only the lead wrapped in plastic so no way for the lead to fall out of the wood which is so typical of wood pencils in water. I have had it for years.
:shades:

Mahalo Gilligan. I was a surfer on Oahu for 10 years - went to UH :D

I stuff an extra mask in because I wear a FFM.
I like the leadless pencil on the inside forearm.

Aloha from the midwest:)

I like the wrist slate also. It's out of the way, but right there when you need it.

I didn't like keeping the one I got from PADI in my BC pocket. It was too much of a pain to drag out for anything less urgent than
"I'm drowning" or "there's a shark behind you" :D

Hence- I never really used it.

Scott

I made one out of PVC pipe that i cut in half and bought some velcro to strap in on my arm. Home Depot has all different sized for all different arms.

I made one out of PVC pipe ...
Construction sites can also have a good supply of "trash" drop-offs of PVC. Diameters can even be altered by heating & bending (most types).
Rubber tubing can also be used to make an acceptable WAD [wrist attachment device]:wink:
Drill holes in the 4 corners, insert tubing & tie an overhand knot. Makes good for break-away in case it gets a nasty foul.

Wrist slate, pencil made from old denim (I don’t know where I got them but I bought a box of 20 which have lasted years) tucked into rubber tubing that hold the slate on. I don’t have the pencil attached, if I drop it I cry and get another for the next dive.;-0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom