What's in your Save-a-Dive Kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Townsend

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are getting ready for our diving trip to Bali! Due to the unknown as well as lack of proximity to a LDS from many of the sites I want to put together a reasonable but well stocked save a dive kit. I'd like to keep it sized to the smallest or next smallest pellican box.

Here's what I've gathered so far.

Zip ties
Dive computer batteries
Fin strap
Mask strap
Snorkle keeper
Small flashlight - submersible
Scuba tool
Band aids / antibacterial ointment in ziploc bag
Mouth piece (for regulator/snorkle)
Pen/paper

What else is in your save-a-dive box that you have used?

Thanks for your ideas.
-Townsend

In addition to your list, I would recommend the following.

1- assortment of O-rings
2- scissors
3- crazy glue
4- surgical tubing

We also added the following over the years as we traded up for better equipment, but I don't think I'd say you have to go out and buy right away.

1- two extra masks
2- pair of fins
3- extra regulators, hoses and the tools to interchange them (adjustable wrench)
4- silicone grease
5- extra assorted gloves and boots

Needless to say, my "kit" is more like a duffel bag now :D
I also keep an Adventure Medical first aid kit and stuff like Off and bee sting pens.

Scott

O-Rings
Silicone lube (for o-rings)
Guitar pick (my favorite o-ring removal tool)
[See a common thread here?]

Tank lights or chem sticks (for night dives)

Townsend once bubbled...
My wife and I are getting ready for our diving trip to Bali! Due to the unknown as well as lack of proximity to a LDS from many of the sites I want to put together a reasonable but well stocked save a dive kit. I'd like to keep it sized to the smallest or next smallest pellican box.

Here's what I've gathered so far.

Zip ties
Dive computer batteries
Fin strap
Mask strap
Snorkle keeper
Small flashlight - submersible
Scuba tool
Band aids / antibacterial ointment in ziploc bag
Mouth piece (for regulator/snorkle)
Pen/paper

What else is in your save-a-dive box that you have used?

Thanks for your ideas.
-Townsend

On top of what you mentioned I would also take a pocket knife, a pick or something to remove o-rings with, extra o-rings (check first which ones you need or you might be surprised). Also extra bulbs for your dive-light.

Optionally a small adjustable wrench and an alan-key (the ikea tool fits) to move/remove hoses might save the day. I also throw in an extra regulator hose and an extra inflator hose.

What I also always carry is duck-tape for the worst case scenario and some wet-suit cement....you just never know...... :)

R..

Brass adjustable wrench and titanium dive multi tool, I have pitched out so many good stainless tools over the years I made it a mission to find tools made in noncorrosive metals. I also have a tine of moisture absorbent that I through in the oven every other month to dry out, it keeps the paper and other things, like tools from getting damp. I use a sealed UK box for everything.

This is topic in itself, sealed or unsealed, after 25 years use of both I like sealed with dry sorb.

WileEDiver once bubbled...
... Tank lights or chem sticks (for night dives)

A lot of places are now banning chem sticks, so ask first. Unresponsible divers were leaving them behind on reefs (etc) as trash, and causing a hazard to marine life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom