Oxycheq Expedition Sensor Replacement Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadude_LA

Contributor
Reaction score
Last known coordinates: Western Hemisphere
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm replacing the sensor in an expedition and having an issue. The new sensor has an oring on it. I assume it is to be left on the sensor then screwed into the inside of the housing. However, when this is done the oring doesn't allow the sensor to be screwed in enough to expose threads on the outside where the restrictor cap would screw in. I didn't notice the setup when I removed the old sensor a few weeks ago so I'm clueless. Not sure what I'm missing, maybe the oring isn't needed since the inside of the sensor would be under positive pressure while doing an analysis. thx

I have had the exact same issue. The sensor works for other equipment and perhaps the "O Ring" is for the other analysers. I set the "O RING" to the side and screwed the sensor in with out it. No problems.
Hope that helps

I managed to get it screwed in enough to grab a half thread with the flow cap, not a great solution. The oxycheq manual for the expedition does mention the oring during replacement but no specifics. I will do an analysis this evening both with and without the oring and see what happens. One thought I had was that the oring might be there to keep the sensor from getting loose when removing the flow cap. Will report back.

Ask Patrick Duffy (Owner) 850 482 0385. They are very friendly ao have been to me, and ask him or his helper.

The new sensor did not come with any paperwork. However, I found stuffed in the case the paperwork from the last sensor replacement that indicates that the oring is to be taken off. So I did and it is working fine, case closed. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom