Scuba Toys Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

covediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I ordered a drysuit undergarment from Scubatoys yesterday evening at what was a very reasonable price on closeout. I did check the stock which indicated there were one or two left in my size. Today I received a call from the company. I thought they would be calling to discuss shipping options to Alaska. Instead they were calling to say the item was not available, having been previously sold in the store. While I find this a bit strange, I guess that not all retailers have inventory hooked up the the website on a real time basis. The did offer me a much higher priced garment (this year's model) at a decent discount, but I declined saying that I would try to find what I needed elsewhere.

This is the second time that I have cancelled an order from scubatoys because items on the website at the time the order was placed are not available (the first was a wetsuit). In both cases, I was contacted quicky and sdiscounted substitutions were offered, but at a higher price than the original sale item. Being a deal hunter, its a risk one takes.

I will still place an occasional order with scubatoys. Their contacts with me have been quick and they have tried to make things right. its better customer service than I have gotten at a lot of places. I do think they should advise people that sale items are limited to stock on hand and subject to prior sale, but other than that I do appreciate their efforts.

Scubatoys does seem to be slipping in a number of areas. Probably just as well for scuba shoppers as it opens up opportunities for their competitors. They used to be my automatic choice. Now I shop around and try to find what I need elsewhere.

I think they have grown to the point where they have exceeded thier systems capacity. They are still my choice for online scuba sales. They have excellent communications, excellent customer service, and shipping is lightning fast. But it can be annoying for the online system to say something is in stock, only to get a call saying saying they are out and it will be a few days for thier next shipment comes in.

I would suggest calling and placing an order, they also have alot of items in the store that they don't have online. I needed gloves, and within 2 days they had them on my front porch. I called and he even attempted to meet me somewhere to give them to me.

You can still get the "out of stock" issue when calling in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom