$$ -- How did I do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I am brand new to diving so I am not entirely sure if I paid waaay too much or if I got a square deal. I got all this equipment new from the LDS.

I bought

BCD: Scubapro KnightHawk w/ Air2
First Stage: MK 17
Second Stage: Scubapro g250V
Suunto SM-36 Pressure Gauge
Zoop Dive Computer Console

Paid $1,600 -- including tax.
Dive shop set up and tested all my equipment. How did I do on price?

If you are happy that is what counts.....

My research shows this:
BCD: Scubapro KnightHawk w/ Air2 $675.00
First Stage: MK 17 $425.00
Second Stage: Scubapro g250V
Suunto SM-36 Pressure Gauge $100.00
Zoop Dive Computer Console $275.00

Total $1,475.00
Plus tax/shipping/setup $ ??.00

So $1600.00 is not bad from my point. I am sure someone will come in and thrash you for this but if you like the gear and happy with it at that price that is all that is important.

Hope you enjoy diving with it.......

If you paid a price for gear/service that pleases you, then you did OK on the price...why worry about it after the fact?

If you paid a price for gear/service that pleases you, then you did OK on the price...why worry about it after the fact?

He could always return it & get 800 bucks for it, they'd tell him 'it's used --we know---we used it'.........:wink:

OP, it sounds OK, & as others have said if you're happy, then you're happy...Now, go dive it & have fun...

I am brand new to diving so I am not entirely sure if I paid waaay too much or if I got a square deal. I got all this equipment new from the LDS.

I bought

BCD: Scubapro KnightHawk $450 at LP
Air2 $175 at LP
First Stage: MK 17
Second Stage: Scubapro g250V 1st and 2nd stage $400 at LP
Suunto SM-36 Pressure Gauge $100 at LP (not sure if this is identical)
Zoop Dive Computer Console $275 for the Zoop at LP (no console)

$1,400, plus $126 tax equals $1,526. $1,600 sounds close enough to me, but wouldn't it make more sense to check before you buy?

$1,400, plus $126 tax equals $1,526. $1,600 sounds close enough to me, but wouldn't it make more sense to check before you buy?

Here in the States we pass a bill then read it!

Reactions: Jax
Here in the States we pass a bill then read it!
Don't think the lobbyists and their clients didn't read (and write) every word of it, just because the Speaker of the House didn't have time to get to it. :wink:

Seems like a good deal , if you like the equipment , dont worry about the money , enjoy :)

I am brand new to diving so I am not entirely sure if I paid waaay too much or if I got a square deal.

If this equipment still suits you in a year or two, and you never feel an urge to replace any of it until it wears out....you got a bargain!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom