List the lightest equipment for scuba travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Please list the lightest equipment for traveling to far away places, we all know what a pain it is to pack that heavy stuff. Fins?, BC?, anything else you can think of?

There have been a lot of threads on this topic fairly recently, perhaps inspired by airlines becoming progressively more difficult about luggage. I'll contribute a piece of non-gear that is great for traveling light and requires no compromise:

Amazon.com: Samsonite Black Label Cosmolite 20" Carry on Spinner Luggage - Silver: Everything Else

These suitcases are incredibly light, seem reasonably sturdy, and have good handles and wheels. I have two 27-inchers for checked baggage and the 20-incher for carry-on.

For regs, I can recommend the ScubaPro S600/Mk25 combo in titanium! And they're gorgeous to boot.

And they are S I G N I F I C A N T L Y lighter.

Aqualung Zuma BC as posted above and Aqualung Hotshot fins are light, short and work very well. If money were no object the Atomic Ti2 regs would make some great travel regs, but I find my Atomic B2 with miflex hoses light enough. Another option is the Apeks Flight regs which are very lightweight.

I also like Aqualungs travel bag which holds fins, BC, reg with a little room to spare for clothes, dive skin and the like. Built for carry on and so far it has held up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom