Tub for rinsing gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Farty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
moving to new house and started thinking about a bit more intelligent way to rinse my gear than my bathroom tub mostly because of the sand clogging the tub :-(

anybody out there with any cool DIY tricks and/or custom tub in the garage or backyard?

share some snaps please :D

I use a tub that farmers use to water cattle with. Just cover it up after you are done so you water does not turn green. Some people use PVC pipe to make a stand so you can hose off your gear. You can usually find the details on how to make this in the DIY Forum.

We use a 100 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank. It has a drain hole in the bottom of it, into which we fitted a spigot (took two pieces to adapt the hole size). The spigot will drain all but the last inch or so of water, at which point it is easy to tilt the tub up and dump it, and rinse the sand out.

This tank is large enough to accomodate two X-scooters, sitting on their shrouds, and is larger than we need for simple dive gear, unless you want to put an entire, assembled setup in it.

moving to new house and started thinking about a bit more intelligent way to rinse my gear than my bathroom tub mostly because of the sand clogging the tub :-(
I use a Rubbermaid bin to help rinse gear in my small apartment. Fill up the bin in the bathtub with the gear inside. Remove gear and hang it up to dry. Allow sand to settle into bottom of bin. Pour the rinse water down the drain. Take the bin outside and dump the sand/sludge at the bottom of the bin in the yard (or into the trash if you don't have yard). If you have access to a yard, just do your rinsing outside.

There's no reason to pour sand down your drain and clog it up.

The Rubbermaid bin serves as a nice way to transport your gear to/from shore dive site. It also works as a wonderful way to store your gear away from bugs, pets, UV, fumes, etc.

I use a rubbermaid feed trough from the tractor supply company. It holds all the gear and is sturdy enough to handle the weight of all the water

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

If you can get a 100 to 400 L plastic drum and cut it in half (width-wise if you have an open top, length wise if you have an attached top) that makes a pretty awesome tub. You can cut it with a hack saw, and if you cut in lengthwise you can use plywood to make a stand so that it does not roll.

I use a tub made that way at work (in one of my crappier tasks) for decanting bulk sample mills. This means not including the water there was about 90kg in it.

I use 50 gallon chemical conatiner that I cleaned up and cut the top off of. It came with a plug on the bottom side that I adapted a drain and fill valve to.

We use a 100 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank. It has a drain hole in the bottom of it, into which we fitted a spigot (took two pieces to adapt the hole size). The spigot will drain all but the last inch or so of water, at which point it is easy to tilt the tub up and dump it, and rinse the sand out.

This tank is large enough to accomodate two X-scooters, sitting on their shrouds, and is larger than we need for simple dive gear, unless you want to put an entire, assembled setup in it.

I use the same thing. Have you come up with some type of cover for it?

A stable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom