Pony Package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kenbert61

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Is it best to buy a 30/40 pony bottle, Reg,hose, and either banding and or sling webbing seperate or are there good package deals on line.
If I messed up the wording of this sorry...looking for a complete seperate air delivery system. I dive a Zeagle Stiletto BCD if that helps Thanks

I don't know the details of your BC, but it will dictate how you can mount a pony. If you have shoulder and hip D-Rings, then you can sling. Otherwise you will probably have to tank mount.

Look online at ScubaToys and DiveRite or other dealers that carry tech gear. I'm sure you can buy everything you need as a package.

Buying second hand could save you considerably.
This is assuming that none of the gear has issues.
The most universal/diver friendly set-up would be
to get "stage" rigged bottle and clip it onto front side for dives that demand it's use.
AL30's & AL40's seem to be the more popular of choices.
Keep in mind that both are same diameter and little to no cost difference between them.
On just has 30% more gas, I consider this as a good thing.
If back up gas is good, then more IS better.
Consider a regulator that can be O2 cleaned for pure O2.
This option is important if it is ever is intended for use as a deco tank.
A 5' hose on the second stage is nice as well.
Don't forget MOD marking of tank.
I use Dive Rite Stage marker kit, it has interchangeable #'s for MOD.
For me this was a waste though as it has always had 100% since new.
A good reason to consider intended usage.
Good luck, Dive safe.

Scott's BCD's all have D-Rings, or as least I've never seen any Zeagles without them. Zeagle Scuba was born of needs for Tech Diving.

Last edited:
Thanks fella's Appreciate the info on the reg, I didn't know that... I think I'll learn to sling a 40 Seems like the most bang for your buck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom