How to remove paint.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDubr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I made the mistake a long while back of spray painting my twin jets and now they look horrible after so many dives. is there anything i can use to take the paint off?

i was thinking of using acetone but dont know what the affect would be on the fin.

even with them looking ghastly people say they can still spot me from quite a distance because i painted them white.

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

Keep your fins as they are. Nobody will mistake your fins for theirs.

Jim Breslin

Keep your fins as they are. Nobody will mistake your fins for theirs.
Jim Breslin

yea i keep making that joke, hahaha....one of my instructors joked around saying that even if I lost my fins they would immediately find me again. because nobody would want them.

Dont use acetone. Acetone will eat up most rubbers.

thats what i was thinking.

Sand blaster

and i was also thinking of rubbing them with sand. so your sand blasting idea wasn't to far from what i was thinking, but if i got them blasted i think i would use baking soda instead, less abrasive so less damage to the fin.

Actually, as bizarre as it seems, I kinda LIKE the way they look.

Reactions: Jax
Buy new ones? :idk:

No but seriously....they look cool in a very weird way :cool2:

+1 for sand-blasting

I have schmick, black, extra large ones for midgets.

Wanna swap ScubaDubrDudr?

sorry but no,....anyway i gave them a few coats of white plasti-dip and they look beautiful now. i dont know why i didnt use plasti-dip from the start.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom