Underarmor and Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BVickery

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a question, given my size, I can't find any of the lycra shirts to really fit me to wear under my wetsuit. Anyone know if the underarmour stuff would work as a substitute? They do have an outlet shop near me and they do make stuff in my size (3XL Tall). This is not to stay dry but rather as a means to work the wetsuit up over the torso/shoulders/arms with minimal hassle.

Also, help avoid hair in the zipper (I do hate my Med. heritage at times, but not very often).

I use it all the time, no problems here.....

I use it all the time, no problems here.....

Thanks, which one are you using, I asked because I overheard a diver in my group mention it at a springs dive.

I'm not sure which one it is, it's just a black UnderArmor T shirt. I actually bought it a size too small so that it would fit very snug and not bunch up or roll up while I was donning my wetsuit. It's not the sexiest thing on a 48 year old with a beer belly, but it works like a charm....

Thanks a lot man. very much appreciate it.

I wear either a lycra skin or underarmor every time I put on thermal protection (even my drysuit.) I even use an underarmor shirt and compression shorts with a shorty.

On the rare occasion I have forgotten a shirt or skins, I kick and cuss at myself for putting myself through the torture of putting on a wetsuit to bare skin.

I wish underarmor manufactured a one-piece suit similar to lycra skins.

Not sure how much more input I can add but I commonly use a long sleeve Under Armor shirt as a rash guard when diving in the tropics. I also wear it under my wetsuit in cold water since makes putting on thick wetsuits much easier.

I use both an under armor shirt and their boxer briefs. Both fit tight and make sliding into the suit easier. Got them both in black so things don't get all see through when wet. The boxers come in a couple varieties of sturdyness/compression, and leg length. I also have some speedo jammers which come down to the knee and long sleeve rash guard are neither is better or worse than the other.

has anyone tried using the coldgear underarmor? i have a whole coldgear line up i use for snowboarding; legs, shirt, socks, gloves, hat. and was wondering if it would work to help keep me warm underwater. i already have a 8mm suit and am comftorbale in that was just wondering if the underarmor would help more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom