uk c8 eled question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deftonead

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i bought this light about 3 years ago and it never gave me any problems until now. i havent used it in over a year and now the bulb is so dim it barely emmits any light. i figured it might be the batteries so i replaced them but it did not fix the problem. i checked the inside and i do not see any signs of corrosion, still water tight.

anyone have this happen to theirs and figure out how to fix it?

I would check for corrosion again, especially at the switch. I can not remember how it looks/works but you might not being seeing everything. You can always take volt meter to where the light goes and check the voltage and amperage and see if you are getting what would be expected. You alwasy try a new bulb - I always carry a back with my lights.

To remove corrosion and if there are NO electronics in the housing you can soak the housing in a light acid solution of vinegar and water. Or even Lime-away.

I had the same problem with the exact same light. I thought is was pretty dim, and looked at the lens carefully with the light on. Only the top half of the lens was lit. I believe there are two LED elements and one simply stopped working. I brought it to a LDS and they returned it for me, and UK came through and backed their product. I got a brand new light, its not the eled, it has one LED element. I was told they no longer make the eled. Might be worth it to send it to UK yourself if your LS doesn't want to bother with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom