Miflex HP hose woes ... Scratch another one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElGaucho

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today mi Miflex HP thin hose broke. It frayed where every Miflex HP hose has frayed thank you very much. Fortunately it was right before the dive. After reading too many cases like this I was wondering when it would happen to me. Crappy HP hose. Great LP ihoses. BTW it had 10 dives on it.

Now lets order a phantom HP

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307241372.613823.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307241372.613823.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 522
The latest model HP MIFLEX hoses are now sold including hose protectors on both ends, perhaps the new generation HP MIFLEX hoses would be worth trying ?

The latest model HP MIFLEX hoses are now sold including hose protectors on both ends, perhaps the new generation HP MIFLEX hoses would be worth trying ?

Standard rubber hoses for the win! Half the price, and three times the longevity. No hose protectors needed.

I had the same thing happen to me on a HP Milflex hose. I had about 20ish dives on mine. I switched all of my hoses back to Rubber. You live and you learn.

I have 50 dives with the new style HP hose. So far so good.

Back
Top Bottom