HP Adapter - Manometer screwed in first stage HP output with self rotation possibilty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark1982

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for a particular HP adapter for one of my crazy friends.

He wants to use the adapter to link the Pressure Gauge directly in the first stage HP output, without any HP hose.

To do it, an adapter already exists (standard Male7/16" - Female 7/16" Adapter), but that adapter does not allow the pressure gauge to rotate itslef, as it happens when the pressure gauge is screwed at the end of an HP hose.

The adapter my friend is looking for would be something similar to a very very short HP hose, made only by steel terminals, without the rubber part.

I always disagree with using adaptors...
:depressed:

Neverthless, my friend wants the same to use an adaptor in order to screw the pressure gauge directly in the HP output, giving it the possiiblity to rotate itself around its axis.

That adapter would be as short as piossibile and it would be coupled together with pressure gauge by a sviwel.

Do You know someone who sells a similar adaptor in Italy or in an European Union state?

:)

Last edited:
I am a little confused here. A manometer is the type of instrument used for measuring relatively low pressures accurately, generally less than one atmosphere. It sounds like you are looking for an HP Tee or Y fitting. Is it possible your friend wants to add a second HP port to a first stage regulator?

First of all, sorry for my bad english...
:depressed:

The word "Manometer" I've used is a worng word and so I've jut modified it in "Pressure Gauge" in my first post...

Instead of Manometer I would have written "pressure gauge".
As pressure gauge I mean the standard instrument used to measure the high pressure of the tank (up to 200/300 bar).

So my friend wants to put an only pressure gauge directly on the first stage, without any hose, but just using a short adapter which allow it the self rotation possibility.

He will use all on a S80 stage tank...
:shakehead:

I think you are looking for a Male SAE 7/16-20 to female JIC 7/16-20 adapter. Even then, I'm not sure the SPG spool would be able to seal inside the female JIC part. In other words it might be able to screw in, it may not be able to seal.

fjicXmorb.jpg

Thanks...

Jorgy has shooted the situation.

Techincal Divers usually use a short HP hose (nearby 20 centimeters long) for the SPG of their pony tanks.

senzaulo1.jpg

I've laredy know that there are mini SPGs...

bec0882c0e3b2a4e328bf594c94017b0_large.jpg

But they are too small and the rotation possibility is not allowed... so reading the pressure could be a bit difficult.

I've already know the adapter Salamfire has suggested too.
That adapter usually has an hole inside where there is a swiwel which makes the SPG sealed...

This is the swiwel/spool component:

ef2d0f12ec92d7aeb2a9079d7b765425_large.jpg

The main problem is that the SPG can not rotate once it has been screwed into the adaptor.

My friend wants the SPG to rotate at 360° when he dives.
He wants to kill the HP hose because an adapter would be more safe than a hose which could fall broken...

For the second stages of regulators and low pressure hoses, something similar alredy exists.

For example, You can see the picture below..

RG1360-640.jpg

This is a LP adapter and it makes the second stage rotate itslef around its axis when it is screwd into the adapter.
(Notice that my friend does not need a 90 degree angle)

The only thing I've found out for him is the Scubapro HP Quick Connect/Disconnect adapter - HP Coupling.
It's made by two parts which can be diveded (providing an HP hose separation).
One part is permanently fixed on the first stage and the other parts allow the SGP or transimtter to rotate itself keeping the air connection working...

scubapro_04059.jpg

But he says that this adapter carries a break point along the hose and so it is not safe...
:banghead:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom