Storing your Scuba gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Would like to see some ideas on how you store your Scuba gear at your house. I saw some pictures on here a while back of what looked like a closet in the garage filled from top to bottom with gear. Pics are most welcome! :D

Store the gear inside a lidded Rubbermaid storage bin in a temperature-controlled environment (preferably inside the house).
The Rubbermaid bin will keep bugs out and can be used for post-dive rinsing as well as car transport to/from local dive sites.
I would hang up my wetsuit with a thick hanger in an indoor closet if possible. Protect it with a dry-cleaning plastic protector if you so desire.

My current solution: Dive often enough so that it never dries enough to have to put it away :D

Other then that, I have a small apartment so just all goes back into the gear bag, wetsuits get hung up in the closet

My storage looks a bit tidier than usual. I did a big clear out of my dive cupboard the other day and threw away a lot of my really old gear that I finally had to admit I would never fix or never use. But I feel a sense of shame and guilt throwing away my old Dacor BCD amongst other things - this must be what it feels like for men who leave their wives for a younger woman.

I hang my bcd, wetsuit, gloves, hood, and boots up on a department store clothing rack that I was given after letting it soak overnight in a tub of fresh water. It's in the garage, so there's a tote under the rack to catch the drips.

Thoroughly dried lights and masks are packed away in a plastic box under a bed. Suits, dried, are hung in a closet on suit hangers. Reg hoses are loosely coiled and the coil placed on plastic under a bed. Fins, booties, gloves, BC, etc. all placed in a dive gear bag and stored in a closet.

A place for everything and everything in its place.

Wide hangers - BC, wetsuits, rash guards.
Pelican cases - Cameras, regulators, computers.
Rubbermaid container - Booties, gloves, hoods, lights, reels, lifbags.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311492464.502228.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311492521.275742.jpg

Posted from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never store wetsuits or drysuits folded. If you have a garage, then this is the best place to store. Needs to be a dryish location that is for sure. We keep under the house in a workshop, but this is not North America and we do not get freezing weather, so not a problem.

My current solution: Dive often enough so that it never dries enough to have to put it away :D

Other then that, I have a small apartment so just all goes back into the gear bag, wetsuits get hung up in the closet

:rocker:

gear tub.jpg

that is where my gear hangs out when im not diving

But I feel a sense of shame and guilt throwing away my old Dacor BCD amongst other things - this must be what it feels like for men who leave their wives for a younger woman.

I doubt shame or guilt is running through their mind when they ditch the old wife.

Back
Top Bottom