Personal compressor advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ellisfitler

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all , I am in the market for a compressor , I am looking at 2 diffrent types Maxair 35 and AireTex 45 aka Alkin W31 . If anyone has any experince with either one of these, a bit of advice would be appreciated .Thank you Ellis

I have known a few people who had purchased a Maxair aka Coltri. Based on their personal experience I would not purchase one. I would continue to research and maybe research Bauer. I think it is better to pay more up front. There is ample information on the internet discussing the pro's and cons of both... Sorry I have no experience with the Alkin.

Cheers,
Roger

I've got two Bauers a K-14 is my stationary comp. been running flawles for 25 years. Portable is a Capatono 6 years no problems. I don't like the small RIX oileless compressors they vibrate and are noisey. I would never have anything other than Bauer. :wink:

Had a Bauer Capitano for years. Wore out and replaced the Honda engine, but the compressor (with another owner) is still going strong. It is an excellent compressor, and would be my choice in a portable.

Back
Top Bottom