Diveinn (scuba.com)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmneill

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Well, here it is. I am sure this is not the first time this has come up but I don't see this exact thread started recently. (I apologize if I missed it)
I am about to buy a new set of gear. SP MK25/ S600 w/ R395 octo/ Nighthawk BC/ Suunto combo1 console SM16+SK7 and hoses/protectors.
I can see it looks like I can save a bundle by getting it from the scubastore. However, I have read nightmare threads about them. (not just bad, REAL bad.)
1st) I don't care about the warranty.
2nd) I do care if they have it in stock (I have seen many posts where they took peoples money and then gave them the bad news after the fact)
3rd) customer service seems bad already, and I haven't even ordered yet. It took them three days to respond to a big ticket inquiry) (any comments?)
4th) I am open to suggestions as to a conus dealer that might be able to help me out on this. ( I am willing to pay a little more to avoid the sorrow)
Thanks in advance for you input.

Last edited:
Just for the record Scuba.com and scubastore are VERY different sites.

Personally I can't imagine why you'd continue to consider buying from scubastore after reading "nightmare threads" (I think I may have stumbled on one or two myself)

Without getting into the issues of grey market purchases, check out Leisure Pro. they offer SP, no idea what they might charge (calling them may knock a few dollars off advertised prices) but at least they are a US shop and provide "in house" warranties to match ScubaPro's factory warranty. Unfrotunately I can't give any first hand knowledge of that warranty though - I've bought plenty from them but I stick with authorized manufacturers to avoid potential hassles.

I buy off the internet all the time... I have bought from LP and I have bough from DiveInn in the past....

Shipping is usually prohibitive for DiveInn, as it is international, and you might also have to deal w/ duties...
But, if the deal is right, the deal is right...

EDIT: I am NOT refering to scuba.com. I have dealt with them on many occasions with only the best of results.

The obvious reason for continued interest in purchasing from the site in question would of course be the very large discount. All companies are more likely to receive negative reviews than positive. Its the nature of the beast. Anyone who has dabbled in retail is well aware of this phenomenon. I guess I was hoping for an overwhelming response from a bunch of satisfied customers. And again, I don't care if the product is grey market,pink market, or purple market and has no warranty or return address. I am only interested in getting the the product promised in the timeframe allotted.

"Personally I can't imagine why you'd continue to consider buying from scubastore after reading "nightmare threads" (I think I may have stumbled on one or two myself)
Without getting into the issues of grey market purchases, check out Leisure Pro. they offer SP, no idea what they might charge (calling them may knock a few dollars off advertised prices) but at least they are a US shop and provide "in house" warranties to match ScubaPro's factory warranty. Unfrotunately I can't give any first hand knowledge of that warranty though - I've bought plenty from them but I stick with authorized manufacturers to avoid potential hassles.[/QUOTE]

I have bought many things from diveinn.com but nothing in the last few years. I had excellent response from them and shipping was very quick. Then shipping prices hit the roof and their big savings where not that big anymore (they are located in Spain).
Not sure if you already figured in the shipping cost but that really brought their prices back in line with everything else. Any ScubaPro sold over the internet is not warrantied unless that has changed.

Kevin

If you're concerned about prices, we have a Best Price Guarantee +5% that should help. We have everything except for the console (wouldn't you like a nice, shiny new dive computer? :wink:) I'm not actually in the store, so I'm not sure what package deal could be put together, but if you call 1.800.637.6880, I'm sure someone would be more than happy to help you get the right package.

If you're concerned about prices, we have a Best Price Guarantee +5% that should help. We have everything except for the console (wouldn't you like a nice, shiny new dive computer? :wink:) I'm not actually in the store, so I'm not sure what package deal could be put together, but if you call 1.800.637.6880, I'm sure someone would be more than happy to help you get the right package.

Sounds great! I'm at work, but I'll make contact imminently. I am looking to place the order this week. I am not dead set on the cosole, I have just had the same one in the past and was impressed with what seemed to be a quality product. In any case, that particular item wouldn't be a dealbreaker anyway. Thanks for the post, I'll be in touch shortly!

i tried to go on to diveinn.com today, because i wanted to buy a keychain, hat, and some other little stuff that a warrenty wouldnt make a difference. and its not there, google cant connect to it, did the site close up or is it just down, or is it just me? haha. also, if anyone knows where i can get the black seawing nova keychain and the black and blue scubapro hat in the US, that would be great

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom