Hydros - How much are you paying?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMDavid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well it's almost that time to get one of my tanks hydrostatic testing done.

Last time I didn't ask how much it would cost and I nearly died of sticker shock when I was told that I owed $55 for a hydro on a 13cf pony.

How much have you paid?
Did it include a VIP and air fill?
Please include location if possible.

$12.00 for the hydro, I take it to the people that do the test. They charge me $18.00 if I use my name, $12.00 if I use my company name when I drop them off. Than $12.00 for the VIP and air fill, at my local dive shop.

Here in the San Diego area...

Dive shops usually charge approx. $35 for hydro/VIP/air fill with a 1-2 wk. turnaround. The hydrostatic tests are done by a 3rd party company.
One shop will run a "special" a couple of times a year that provides the same services for $15-$20.

If you take your tanks directly to the 3rd party company, then you can cut out the "middle man" fees but traveling to/from the company location might be a tad inconvenient. Turnaround time should be much faster (1-2 days?).

$55 for a hydro/VIP/fill is very high. I would think that a shop could only get away with charging that much in NYC. :D

65$ hydro/vis/fill. I almost gagged when I saw the bill, but they also don't charge for fills and have great customer service. Tucson, AZ

$50 around where here. Bay Area, CA. If anyone know where I can do it for cheaper, let me know. I have an AL80 need hydro in sept.

65$ hydro/vis/fill. I almost gagged when I saw the bill, but they also don't charge for fills and have great customer service. Tucson, AZ

$65 every five years for unlimited air fills and they throw in a FREE hydro, now that's a deal.

Posted from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$16 per tank at the hydro facility. (used to be $12 a few years ago, but they went up like everything else does..)

LDS I think charges $25 or $30 for hydro. But they have to pay an employee to take it down to hydro facility and then go pick it up. So they really aren't making any money on it after you factor in employee and vehicle costs for two trips.

$15 O2 cleaning at LDS (I think.... I forget how much exactly)
$10 visual at LDS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom