GoPro HD Hero Cam, Who has it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy107@gmail.com

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey everyone,whose got a gopro HD hero cam? What do you like and hate? How's the low light on it? Is it ok for inland lakes? What's the battery life like and what's the best way to mount it on your head? If anyone has any pics from it or videos please feel free to share

There are quite a few on here that have one (including me). It works fine in inland lakes, and quarries, assuming you have a modicum of visibility, and decent light.
You may find, however, you'd have better success if you replaced the convex outer fisheye lens with a flat lens like many on here have. There are number of choices (i.e. Eyeofmine, Mako, and my recommendation, the BlurFix from Snakeriver (google it). Without the flat lens, the vids are a bit blurrier than need be under water.

As for the mounts, I tried the wrist mount, and the camera flooded... fortunately, I caught it early. There were apparently a few bad o-rings that went out... The headstrap cam works well, if you modify it with a chinstrap to hold it on. I used a length of 1" webbing, and triglides and it worked perfectly. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

You might want to "like" the GoPro facebook site. Lots of good videos posted there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom